Shogun 2

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
So I bought this game, and it looks good:

DB21EBBAB335C7A7B1ED66B09CC6A4797DF80185

Has a nice battle system.

72D1BA53C22B10B4A883F3EF972595EABE35453C

56C96C06D581E5422A08CA80C027B4DAC210859C

Problem is, in all other respects, it's like Europa Universalis for toddlers. Has Europa Universalis ruined me, O Capt? I wish they'd make a game that looked like this, and had a good battle system, but was, in all other respects, like EUIII.

Shogun would be one of my top 5 books... I have no idea what it is like as a video game though.

My allies refuse to call me to support them in a war, then get pissed at me for not joining them in the war (apparently I am supposed to actively look them up every turn to make sure they haven't declared war on half the world, as they are apt to do), then they declare war on me for refusing to support me in this war that I would have happily obliged them in joining in on had they merely chosen to inform me.

God diplomacy is shitty in this game.

Shogun would be one of my top 5 books... I have no idea what it is like as a video game though.
It's an excellent book though to be honest I prefered his much shorter work "King Rat". When I was a Republican I used to quote King Rat as my motto; "If it's 10 percent, it's fair."

My allies refuse to call me to support them in a war, then get pissed at me for not joining them in the war (apparently I am supposed to actively look them up every turn to make sure they haven't declared war on half the world, as they are apt to do), then they declare war on me for refusing to support me in this war that I would have happily obliged them in joining in on had they merely chosen to inform me.

God diplomacy is shitty in this game.
Fuck diplomacy. Kill the bastards!!

It's an excellent book though to be honest I prefered his much shorter work "King Rat". When I was a Republican I used to quote King Rat as my motto; "If it's 10 percent, it's fair."

King Rat was cool, but a bit weak at the end. He appeared to not want the man to succeed as they were released so he just made it so a man who can find a way to succeed in the worst circumstances couldn't in much better circumstances. Basically, great book, except the ending.

King Rat was cool, but a bit weak at the end. He appeared to not want the man to succeed as they were released so he just made it so a man who can find a way to succeed in the worst circumstances couldn't in much better circumstances. Basically, great book, except the ending.
Oh I liked the ending. How with the war ending and the camp being liberated the Kings empire collapsed and all the hard work he put into building it was gone. I thought the ending was very appropriate. Remember it's about a garden variety street wise schmuck from hells kitchen who when placed in the right set of barbaric circumstances uses his street wise to not only survive but to actually thrive, as a King of the Rats, but when normal conditions return, he, in the end, is just another street wise schmuck from hells kitchen.

Oh I liked the ending. How with the war ending and the camp being liberated the Kings empire collapsed and all the hard work he put into building it was gone. I thought the ending was very appropriate. Remember it's about a garden variety street wise schmuck from hells kitchen who when placed in the right set of barbaric circumstances uses his street wise to not only survive but to actually thrive, as a King of the Rats, but when normal conditions return, he, in the end, is just another street wise schmuck from hells kitchen.

It takes too much suspension of disbelief to pretend that somebody who would succeed in the worst circumstances suddenly would be "lost" in better circumstances. It's silly and an attempt to create an ending that imparts a "moral" rather than reflects reality.

Fuck diplomacy. Kill the bastards!!

No.

I have nothing at all to gain from waging a war, because I can't take any land from them, as doing so would trigger realm divide. I suppose I could annihilate their entire army and then ask for piece, but I've seriously had people refuse piece in such a situation before. The AI is just incredibly retarded, declaring war on their ally for no reason when I'm 100 times bigger than they are and can smash them to pieces. I'm not even mad, they aren't a threat. I'm simply befuddled. The AI seriously needs to be redesigned in this game, and there should be serious in game consequences to declaring war without a causa bellum, like in EUIII.

Speaking of HOI3, I just forced Germany in 1942 to join the Comintern. All that remains a threat to glorious Soviet domination of Europe is Italy and Vichy France. They shall be crushed under the wieght of Slavic iron.

From there my plan is to bring communism to the British.

Well, my plans of British communism are put on hold. Japan decided to attack me after I finished subjugating liberating the Balkans. That means I have to take my 200+ armored divisions and move them across the continent. On the plus side, everything east of Iraq will feel the glorious liberation. If there wasn't a time limit (currently January '44) I'd move west into Britain and Sweden.

Well, my plans of British communism are put on hold. Japan decided to attack me after I finished subjugating liberating the Balkans. That means I have to take my 200+ armored divisions and move them across the continent. On the plus side, everything east of Iraq will feel the glorious liberation. If there wasn't a time limit (currently January '44) I'd move west into Britain and Sweden.

I've read that the time limit sometimes bugs out, allowing the game to continue into the 50's and beyond. You could also probably mod it.

Back