Shogun 2

Well, after getting tired of HoI III, I've now pirated Europa Universalis III: Heir to the Throne so that I can reinstall the Magna Mundi mod which was so awesome. The Magna Mundi game is coming out this quarter of the year, BTW. You should definitely get it. EUIII is like Magna Mundi for toddlers.

Well, after getting tired of HoI III, I've now pirated Europa Universalis III: Heir to the Throne so that I can reinstall the Magna Mundi mod which was so awesome. The Magna Mundi game is coming out this quarter of the year, BTW. You should definitely get it. EUIII is like Magna Mundi for toddlers.

I remember when I first played EUIII and thought it was massively complex. Then I got decently skilled with it and moved to HOI3 and thought it was even more difficult/complex. It wasn't as large of a learning curve though. But now I've gotten the hang of HOI3.

Then the other day I had a flash of nostalgia. I installed C&C Red Alert. I couldn't play it. It is too easy/simple. So I welcome Magna Mundi.

I remember when I first played EUIII and thought it was massively complex. Then I got decently skilled with it and moved to HOI3 and thought it was even more difficult/complex. It wasn't as large of a learning curve though. But now I've gotten the hang of HOI3.

Then the other day I had a flash of nostalgia. I installed C&C Red Alert. I couldn't play it. It is too easy/simple. So I welcome Magna Mundi.

I still sort of like the long term nation building aspects of EUIII better than HOI III's hard war focus. But the complexity of HOI III is pleasing.

Magna Mundi is easily harder than the hardest difficulty setting on EUIII. And it accomplishes it in different ways that EUIII does, because EUIII basically handicaps the player in order to make up for rather primitive AI (some people consider this "fake difficulty", but I grudgingly acknowledge it as acceptable in certain cases simply because even the best possible AI is usually so shitty that it's not reasonable to demand that developers make it even shittier for easier difficulty settings).

BTW, there's a mod for HOI3 that improves the AI:

http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi3wiki/Shauf's_AI_Improvement_Pack

My favorite part of HOI3 is the division builder. If I could do that in MM, I will buy Paradox games on principle.

Back