Should I buy an iPad?

cancel2 2022

Canceled
should-i-buy-an-ipad-15997-1269983869-3.jpg

Let's see, for 500 bucks I can get an IPad, or I can get this laptop I'm using right now that's powerful enough to play all the newest games. It can even emulate a PS2 at full speed (and that's quite a feat, given the PS2's ridiculously complicated architecture).

But my laptop also seems to have come with a faulty hard drive.

Let's see, for 500 bucks I can get an IPad, or I can get this laptop I'm using right now that's powerful enough to play all the newest games. It can even emulate a PS2 at full speed (and that's quite a feat, given the PS2's ridiculously complicated architecture).

But my laptop also seems to have come with a faulty hard drive.
Cheap and easy to fix. Wait until you crack the screen on your new iPad.

It was the same thing with Iphones. Technophiles plopped down near $500 for those and now you can pick up smart phones with a contract for around $100. Samsung is comming out with a touch pad competitor that rumor has it will be about half the price of an Ipad, won't be locked into Apple applets, is expandable. I'm waiting for that. I do like the Ipad concept but it in the same respect I like the Kindle. For what you get, their both over priced.

It was the same thing with Iphones. Technophiles plopped down near $500 for those and now you can pick up smart phones with a contract for around $100.

When the Razr came out, it cost 500 bucks as well. Ouch, that hurts.

But actually, AT&T is just subsidized IPhone prices and raised the price of having a mobile internet connection (mandatory with an iphone purchase, obviously). So in the end, you come out paying more than for the original IPhone. Most smartphone pricing works like this. You can buy minutes and data very cheaply from Virgin mobile; difference is that the prices aren't jacked up to subsidize the price of a phone.

Last edited:
I knew when the iPhone came out that it would inevitably come down in price. That way, I figured, the idea will have time to grow on me. Of course, I could have been eccstatic, and would still have waited. But some people just have to buy expensive shit...

I knew when the iPhone came out that it would inevitably come down in price. That way, I figured, the idea will have time to grow on me. Of course, I could have been eccstatic, and would still have waited. But some people just have to buy expensive shit...

It never really came down in price. They just moved numbers around so that the up-front costs are lower.

I honestly can't believe people will pay so much money for cellphone services every month. I have my antique Razr and get unlimited sexting plus 200 minutes each month for $30. I don't really see the benefit of apps. I don't need internet on my phone, and I already have a Garmin, so I don't need the GPS app, nor do I need to check my email from my phone, either. Oh, well, its really cool technology, and the more apps and connectivity we develop, the more we progress technologically...

I honestly can't believe people will pay so much money for cellphone services every month. I have my antique Razr and get unlimited sexting plus 200 minutes each month for $30. I don't really see the benefit of apps. I don't need internet on my phone, and I already have a Garmin, so I don't need the GPS app, nor do I need to check my email from my phone, either. Oh, well, its really cool technology, and the more apps and connectivity we develop, the more we progress technologically...

Yeah it sucks. I just got a droid, and now my kids both want one. Once they get theirs I'll be paying for internet access three times on this one account. :palm:

Back