Should people who don't donate organs be allowed to recieve them?

• Total voters
If you're not going to donate any organ's upon death, you shouldn't receive any organ's to prevent your own. This is better for the human gene pool as well, removing the selfish genetic refuge from the pit of the genome and allowing those who actually care about their fellow human beings an even greater chance at surviving.

I'm down as an organ doner, as I don't have any use for them upon death. I am also a blood doner - are you a blood doner, WM? If not, we should cut you off if get into another car crash and lose a lot of blood.

Um... They can't give organs if they are still alive. Nobody would be able to receive any organs if we put this limitation on them.

I'm donating everything, so I make up for a couple of people not donating organs.

I know you are trolling but I do think you make a good point. Why should one benefit if they are unwilling to contribute?

I say this as someone who is not an organ donor. I am afraid that if I am on the table doctors will all to often make the utilitarian choice of it being better to save 5 lives than just mine O_O.

And some say doctors don't know this, but even if it's a very small chance, not worth risking my life.

Plus I need to be intact as I want to freeze myself when I die O_O

I'm going to be launched into space so that none of you looters can take any of my organs. :D

We have a really big net in low orbit. Once you launch your body, if we get it back we get salvage rights and you get no credit. You'd be surprised what a slightly used buddhist is worth on the black market.

I need all my organs so that C'Thulhu will be more pleased when he feasts upon me. That said I'm a blood and plasma donor.

I know you are trolling but I do think you make a good point. Why should one benefit if they are unwilling to contribute?

I say this as someone who is not an organ donor. I am afraid that if I am on the table doctors will all to often make the utilitarian choice of it being better to save 5 lives than just mine O_O.

And some say doctors don't know this, but even if it's a very small chance, not worth risking my life.

Plus I need to be intact as I want to freeze myself when I die O_O

Yea I don't trust the knife happy sumbitches either!

Then why aren't you praying for God's forgiveness right now, Grind? Burning in hell for eternity is way worse than dying. And perhaps much more likely than this scenario you paranoid fucks have invented in your mind.

I'm down as an organ doner, as I don't have any use for them upon death. I am also a blood doner - are you a blood doner, WM? If not, we should cut you off if get into another car crash and lose a lot of blood.

Yes, people who don't donate blood shouldn't get it either, unless they suffer from a horrid bout of trypanophobia, in which case everything is 100% fine since it's not their fault at all that psychological trauma prevents them from giving blood.

(so I can be awoken in the future fyi)

My future home: http://www.alcor.org

Most people choose to be decapitated before being sent to a cryonics center. I personally think it's all bunk. The damage the brain receives from being frozen is extensive and basically destroys everything that's there. I don't expect people from the future to ever be able to recover a hard drive that I've sanded clean either.

You know, people literally die as a result in the drop in blood pressure that occurs when a trypanophobic has a needle stuck in them? That's how much stronger the phobia is than most other phobias.

Back