APP - should plan b contraceptive be available to all post puberty females

should plan b contraceptive be available to all post puberty females

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From what I've read...they all work in the same manner. If you have something different I'd gladly read it. My information was done via a simple Google search. There are four basic medications, all of which do the same thing. Most of which are a combination.of.progesterone and estrogen..but one of which starts with an "M", and depending on the strength, can be used from 5-10 days after unprotected sex. The stronger variant isn't available in the US. That's why I didn't include it as #5.

On a personal note....emergency contraception is a huge breakthrough. It should be lauded, not condemned. I mean, thonk about it...it gives a huge option to a woman(or a man) who forgot, or in the heat of the moment....ignored...to take proper precautions.

I am sorry..but I'll bet that I am older than most posters on this forum at 48. I know what it's like to get caught up in a moment of passion. I can honestly say that on at least two occasions that it was a matter of "There by the Grace of God go I".

I don't revel in my weakness...but I understand loneliness...I understand the need for human touch and closeness.

Like I said....it's real...REAL easy to paint a picture of Devils with pitchforks throwing the carcasses of unborn children into a bonfire....but that is almost NEVER the case. I am not saying that there aren't some cruel motherfuckers out there, but most people are like you and I....and do not make these decisions lightly.

it is rarely a decision made lightly

it is hard on the woman, both mentally and physically

when i was in my 20s, i kept a bottle of contraceptive foam with an applicator in my coat pocket or by my bedside...this was back in the 60s and 70s before i got married

sex education is necessary if you want to reduce the number of abortions and reduce the number of stds (some of which are antibiotic resistant)

I am sorry..but I'll bet that I am older than most posters on this forum at 48.

I'm 61.....

Like I said....it's real...REAL easy to paint a picture of Devils with pitchforks throwing the carcasses of unborn children into a bonfire....

I reserve that picture for the folks who've created the society in which we tell young people its okay to throw the carcass of their unborn child into a bonfire......so, if the shoe fits.......

I'm 61.....

I reserve that picture for the folks who've created the society in which we tell young people its okay to throw the carcass of their unborn child into a bonfire......so, if the shoe fits.......

And who does that? No one I know. I certainly don't....I don't condone abortion at all...but I also know that folk like you and the die hard on the opposite end of the spectrum will never meet in the middle. That's why it's going to take pragmatists to do it for you both...and neither side will be happy with the results of that pragmatism.

I think what you really reserve that picture for is something you and all the other righties ordinarily fight FOR. Individual Freedom. The right of people to make their own choices....You're all for individual choice...when it comes to the issues that effect you personally. When it comes to issues that don't? Your people tend to be authoritarian and cold.

But, as far as this topic goes....you certainly were for plan B before you were against it. You are allowed to change your mind...it's your CHOICE.

But, as far as this topic goes....you certainly were for plan B before you were against it. You are allowed to change your mind...it's your CHOICE.

I am opposed to RU-486.....I am not opposed to contraceptives.........I can't help it if you are unable to see that this is not a change........

anyone who argues that people should have a right to kill their unborn child.....how can you have a right to do wrong.....

Because we don't live in a Theocracy. It's yours and my opinion that it's wrong, based on our beliefs. The SCOTUS already ruled on this....we are entitled to our opinions, but the law of the land States different. If we don't like abortion, it's real simple....we don't have one...if one is a Christian woman. If one is a Christian man, I already said how men should step up to the plate. Offer to take the child and raise it on their own if the woman doesn't want it....ask, beg and plead with her to carry it to term.

I am opposed to RU-486.....I am not opposed to contraceptives.........I can't help it if you are unable to see that this is not a change........

You said you were for plan B in one thread. Plan B is the "morning after" pill...but can be taken up to 10 days after unprotected sex.

It is not a preventative, it is to end a potential conception that may or may not have taken place.

You said you were for plan B in one thread. Plan B is the "morning after" pill...but can be taken up to 10 days after unprotected sex.

It is not a preventative, it is to end a potential conception that may or may not have taken place.

that contradicts the OP which stated....
Althoughthey can work as long as 120 hours after unprotected sex, they are mosteffective in the first 24 hours.

I assumed from that we were discussing a contraceptive which prevented attachment to the wall of the womb. I have no objection to contraceptives. If you are talking about something which instead stops an already existing pregnancy then I do not agree with it. Again, I do not believe my opinion has in any way changed. What has changed is the drug we are discussing......

that would be you.....

Riiight.

All I advocate for is choice on a subject that was deemed legal and constitutional a long time ago. What people do with that choice is between them and God. If you want to legislate morality....how about we start with greed? Perhaps if people had more financial freedom, the moral dilemma of aborting a pregnancy would be great diminished.

do you really believe that greed is a more pressing problem than killing your unborn children?......

Yes....I do. Why? Because a lot of these decisions are based on economics. I know...you want to paint these women as evil people...but did you ever stop to think that many of these folk can't afford a kid? I'm not saying it will eliminate the practice altogether. But I'd bet it would cut it at least in half.

I'm surprised that you can't make the connection. I bet that drug abuse would go down, alcoholism would go down, crime would go down.

Yes....I do. Why? Because a lot of these decisions are based on economics. I know...you want to paint these women as evil people...but did you ever stop to think that many of these folk can't afford a kid? I'm not saying it will eliminate the practice altogether. But I'd bet it would cut it at least in half.

I'm surprised that you can't make the connection. I bet that drug abuse would go down, alcoholism would go down, crime would go down.

not to mention child abuse

Back