Should the government pay Zimmermans expenses?

Sholud the government pay for his defense?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why should he pocket it? They knew the law in advance....the people donating didn't. If he wasn't acquitted, the lawyers would have gotten paid...and perhaps had a retainer for an appeal.

I think it would be the eight and honorable thing to do. Only a scumbag would keep that money.

Heck,,, he should get all he can.

He didn't ask for all this.

Besides, this money we're talking about won't be much compared to what he's going to make off (what is I think) the National Broadcasters of Communism, or NBC.

If that's what the law States...then yes. He should be reimbursed. The question is...will he in turn reimburse all of the donations to his defense fund from sympathetic citizens?

You did read the part where it's just for EXPENSES and doesn't cover the Lawyer's fees?

Why should he pocket it? They knew the law in advance....the people donating didn't. If he wasn't acquitted, the lawyers would have gotten paid...and perhaps had a retainer for an appeal.

I think it would be the eight and honorable thing to do. Only a scumbag would keep that money.

How about only a scum bag would read what they thought the article said and not actually understand WHAT it said?

Heck,,, he should get all he can.

He didn't ask for all this.

Besides, this money we're talking about won't be much compared to what he's going to make off (what is I think) the National Broadcasters of Communism, or NBC.

Agreed. NBC is going to pay. Can't wait.

But at least Trayvons mommy got some Tshirts

Nope, no obligation. Donations are just that. Anyone is welcome to try to loan him money, with all the usury you can get your hands on.

And no to the poll.

130826-zimmerman-hmed-11p.photoblog600.jpg

George Zimmerman will ask the state of Florida to reimburse him for as much as $300,000 in expenses he racked up successfully defending himself in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman and his legal team believe they are entitled to the refund because Zimmerman was acquitted of second-degree murder July 13.

The motion, to be filed by Zimmerman's lead attorney, Mark O'Mara, would seek refunds for the hundreds of thousands of dollars the defense spent on fees for expert witnesses and court reporters for depositions, travel and other similar expenses.

The request is expected to be between $200,000 and $300,000.

Attorney fees for the defense team, including O'Mara, wouldn't be part of the motion.

The state Judicial Administrative Commission, which would be responsible for paying out the money if the request is approved.

Zimmerman's request would be based on a Florida law that says a defendant who's acquitted isn't liable for costs associated with his or her case. It must be approved by a judge or a clerk.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...e-of-florida-to-pay-for-defense-expenses?lite

Zimmerman is a taker!

Voila'. Didn't you get when he and his wife lied about how much money they had amassed, that he was about profiting off of murder? I hope he gets it. Florida deserves it.

Lol, yeah, the lawyers should give Florida their bill as well, lol

How about only a scum bag would read what they thought the article said and not actually understand WHAT it said?

No where did I mention lawyers....only a scumbag like you would have read that in my post.

Only a scumbag would forget what he posted!!

If that's what the law States...then yes. He should be reimbursed. The question is...will he in turn reimburse all of the donations to his defense fund from sympathetic citizens?

most of it has probably been spent. He hasn't had a job for more than a year and a half. He had to find a new place to live. He had to hire security because of the death threats he was receiving. That adds up.

stop speaking on behalf of teamZimmerman. I can assure you teamZimmerman wants zimmerman to be happy. You don't just randomly donate to any rando, you donate to someone you truly believe in and care for. teamZimmerman is probably more than happy that whatever funds he has left over that he will use it for a better life.

I love how steel pretends as if teamZimmerman would be outraged if a bit of their money was kept by zimmerman. We love zimmerman, he is a hero to us. We want him to be happy. You honestly think teamZimmerman wants to make things harder on him? Get real.

stop speaking on behalf of teamZimmerman. I can assure you teamZimmerman wants zimmerman to be happy. You don't just randomly donate to any rando, you donate to someone you truly believe in and care for. teamZimmerman is probably more than happy that whatever funds he has left over that he will use it for a better life.

George is a taker.

The guy is no hero, in fact he seems to be a shit for brains killer, but the government should pay his expenses and his lawyer fees.

Just in General, I LOVE this law. My governor used to be the DA in my county. She had almost a 4 in 10 acquittal rate in this county. If the defendant had to be reimbursed every time he or she was acquitted you could quantify what piss poor prosecution actually costs. Hell I had a streak at one time of 13 straight felony acquittals. It got so bad the DA's office would not even take drug trafficking cases to court. They would offer simple possession and most time probation.

Back