Should the man pay on the first date?

Off topic: Did you know that in 2006 when Bush was in the white house and Obama the South American dancing fool was still a few years away from it, disgruntled liberals in San Francisco took up bridge jumping?

Are you referring to why they put the suicide barrier on the Golden Gate Bridge?

And now to come back to the topic and branch away from silly wabbit's obvious lunacy:

Whoever does the asking should pay, unless it's agreed to be a Dutch date in advance.

I would never ask a woman out and expect her to pay, or to pay part.

My wife is the one who asked me out when we first started dating, and when the check came and the server put the check on my side of the table, my wife reached for it. I didn't stop her.

Years later she told me that what clinched her asking for a second date is that I didn't try to stop her, and she said she felt respected as a result. Almost 12 years later, we're still going strong.

Of course, your mileage may vary depending on the date you're with.

Are you referring to why they put the suicide barrier on the Golden Gate Bridge?

I watched that documentary the other night called the bridge. Liberals were having a free for all swan diving off the thing. The Harbor Patrol was running around under it with giant nets trying to catch them.

I watched that documentary the other night called the bridge. Liberals were having a free for all swan diving off the thing. The Harbor Patrol was running around under it with giant nets trying to catch them.

Yeah, we had to pay millions to put up a barrier after that.

And now to come back to the topic and branch away from silly wabbit's obvious lunacy:

Whoever does the asking should pay, unless it's agreed to be a Dutch date in advance.

I would never ask a woman out and expect her to pay, or to pay part.

My wife is the one who asked me out when we first started dating, and when the check came and the server put the check on my side of the table, my wife reached for it. I didn't stop her.

Years later she told me that what clinched her asking for a second date is that I didn't try to stop her, and she said she felt respected as a result. Almost 12 years later, we're still going strong.

Of course, your mileage may vary depending on the date you're with.

Wow, I thought you were a woman!!

When I was single damn near 10 years ago now, I would ask the girl near the end of the meal if she minded that I pay. I would make judgments of her based on her response. I had one say to me, "No, I have my own damn money". I married her...

Back