Should the President innitiate a sit down with Republican leaders?

And set a precedent that a disgruntled minority can have a temper tantrum and get its own way by shutting down the government over their irresponsible partisan ideolgy and make us all pay the price for their short sightedness and stupidity? I think not.

Ya'll can piss and moan all you want to. Ya'll painted yourself into this political box canyon, get your own damned selves out of it. It's easy enough.

Republicans are the Minority in the House? Obama painted us into this canyon with his idiotic aca

Oh, I think he wanted this shutdown in order to prove a point. (Before you cons start attacking me, I disagree with him for pushing it) He did the political math and knew what it means for his signature program and for his last two years, he set them up! Its not the first time he has done it. He plays them very well.

While I disagree with the means of going about it, I think him having given them the rope to hang themselves will cement the ACA as the fully enacted law of the land, and give him the change to make some fundamental improvements in his last two years. He will come out of this looking very presidential, and we will likely get two very liberal supreme court justices.

He will give on something to do with the ACA, something fairly trivial, like a 6 month delay on the individual mandate or something. It will be good for America.

I notice you have failed to address the Gigantic Elephant in the room about the dems doing it 8 times under Reagan, waiting on instructions and talking points?

To do what?

Thwart the will of the voters?

Whiny Righties keep saying that the 2010 elections were a referendum on the ACA...well guess what?

People voted FOR the ACA when they voted Obama into office for a second term.

Polling suggests the will of the people is different than you think, especially the ones having their hours cut

To do what?

Thwart the will of the voters?

Whiny Righties keep saying that the 2010 elections were a referendum on the ACA...well guess what?

People voted FOR the ACA when they voted Obama into office for a second term.

Well,,,, liberty minded people like me are telling the hated republicans to do what they're doing or else.

Just get rid of the mandate. Is there a problem with that? Why should people be forced into this?

I personally don't think most voters knew this was going to happen.

That being said, only 1/4, to 1/5 of our population voted for the dems in the 2008 election. I hardly think that's a good representation of our country as a whole.

Last edited:
Well,,,, liberty minded people like me are telling the hated republicans to do what they're doing are else.

Just get rid of the mandate. Is there a problem with that? Why should people be forced into this?

That being said, only 1/4, to 1/5 of our population voted for the dems in the 2008 election. I hardly think that's a good representation of our country as a whole.

Their bad then for not voting!

I notice you have failed to address the Gigantic Elephant in the room about the dems doing it 8 times under Reagan, waiting on instructions and talking points?
I don't know anything about the reasons for those shutdowns, but Democrats can sometimes act like petulant children also.

Well,,,, liberty minded people like me are telling the hated republicans to do what they're doing or else.

Too bad.

Obama won in 2008 and in 2012.

His win in 2012 was a referendum on the ACA and supercedes any "referendum" made during the 2010 election.

I think this is going to go on for awhile.. a lot of intransigence from the Repubs, and the Dems won't pass anything but a clean CR.

I should change my sig line to:

Politics is stupifyingly dysfunctional

Back