Should we worry about sentient AI?

Because one day, perhaps very far in the future, there probably will be a sentient AI. How do I know that? Because it is demonstrably possible for mind to emerge from matter, as it did first in our ancestors’ brains. Unless you insist human consciousness resides in an immaterial soul, you ought to concede it is possible for physical stuff to give life to mind.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...-sentient-machines-ai-artificial-intelligence

I don't believe that AI can have consciousness. Nevertheless, a sophisticated AI at that point in the future where we cannot tell the difference will be very dangerous because it is emotionless and without consciousness. No feeling and emotions. No nothing.

I don't believe that AI can have consciousness. Nevertheless, a sophisticated AI at that point in the future where we cannot tell the difference will be very dangerous because it is emotionless and without consciousness. No feeling and emotions. No nothing.

Why can't it have consciousness? Why should a computer feel sad, what's the point.

Why is self awareness important? I do not see the problem.

Because you said this: "Because it is demonstrably possible for mind to emerge from matter, as it did first in our ancestors’ brains."

It has not been demonstrated.

Also: "Unless you insist human consciousness resides in an immaterial soul".

Because you said this: "Because it is demonstrably possible for mind to emerge from matter, as it did first in our ancestors’ brains."

It has not been demonstrated.

Also: "Unless you insist human consciousness resides in an immaterial soul".

Intelligence is not a function of human consciousness.

fO3dW3m.jpg

Back