Slippin and a sliden

And enacting it did not kill the boom ? amazing....
Nah, legalized gambling doesn't die from socialized medicine. It was other places that had problems when that became the norm. Much like the US, enacting free healthcare for the illegal immigrants causes higher cost for the citizen giving us an idea of how much actual cost would increase, though hidden, if we centralized healthcare and paid for it with taxation.

It is just a hoppin over the river in Canada because all the blue hairs go there to buy their prescription meds :D

It is just a hoppin over the river in Canada because all the blue hairs go there to buy their prescription meds :D
Nah, they pretty much work to end that because it costs them and brings their national cost higher. Pretending that such a system would work in a nation with 10 times the population exactly the same as it works there is a mistake. We need to regionalize before taking on that particular system.

Pretty much. Plus I believe that regional systems can give us more shots at finding the best system before adopting it nationwide...

I've given this "speech" before...

I like the single-payer system and if we were to adopt a nationalized system I would prefer it to be one that is a regionalized version of the same. I would actually prefer some experimentation first, a group of systems adopted among regions where we can find the most efficient for cost as well as good care.

That is if we must adopt some sort of national system, what I would prefer to have happen.

Well we are slowly going to a nationalized system now as retirees get shoved off their employer provided health insurance to the gummits medicare system....

the auto corps powwowed with shrub on this. big corps want out of providing medical (and any other) benefits. those 'capitalists' want the governemnt to handle it (through private corps administering it, of course).

the auto corps powwowed with shrub on this. big corps want out of providing medical (and any other) benefits. those 'capitalists' want the governemnt to handle it (through private corps administering it, of course).

Yep just a way of the copries getting more of our tax dollars in their pockets.

the problem with single payer is the eloimination of competition is what will drive the price up and the efficiency down.

Why do you think they like hiring Illegals? They get their Health Insurance covered by the government.

Why do you think they like hiring Illegals? They get their Health Insurance covered by the government.

not only that, they can pay them below minimum wage, no workmans comp or any other types of insurance where the premiums go up by how many employess you have (htey don't show illegals on the books). illegagl immingration is a godsend to busineses fighting heavy govenment regulation. the more regulation we have, the more underground economy we have...and maybe that's not really a bad thing for real freedom!

Back