So... When's the next Werewolf game?

my favorite sport is baseball (does this give me white points? - I would say most fans of baseball are white, but the mlb is probably the most ethnically diverse sport we have in our nation)

I have played 25,000+ games of connect4 online, against 12 year old polish kids. (this was like 6 years ago lol) (mowie po tylko angielsku)

Should we have a Vigilante? Would it actually help the village? If we have one how exactly does it work?

Should we have a Vigilante? Would it actually help the village? If we have one how exactly does it work?

Well a lot of people seem to want to try it, so I suppose we can give it a whirl.

There are a few variants.

1.) You can put no limit on the amount of times a vigilante can shoot (in a small game like ours, bad idea)
2.) You have a "one-shot" vigilante where they get to make one kill, and that's it.

Then taking the above, they can act in 3 ways:

1) They say "SHOOT WATERMARK" during any point in the day. Whoever watermark is voting for would have that vote removed, watermark would be dead, watermarks role would be announced as soon as possible by game mod.

2) The vigilante does his kill at night, by sending you a name, much like how seers and wolves operate. In the morning, you would announce the wolf kill, and you would also announce who, if anyone, the vigilante killed.

3) You let the vigilante choose between night and day, they could do either.

Personally, day vigs are way more fun. You have the power to remove lynch votes, AND you can clear yourself in the thread (so if you shoot somebody, people know you are a confirmed villager)

That said, with a game of only 11 people, I think that would be too much of an unfair advantage for village.

Vigilante already throws the game in favor of the wolves. So a night vig is probably the best way to start.

Night vig it will be, a one-shot night-vig.... A Seer, Three Wolves... The rest normal village. Personally I liked the Angel....

both angel and vig require some skill, because they have to be able to read players well and rely on wolf meta etc. Seer can just peek anybody and have a net gain.

Also we probably need to put in a rule that vigilante can't use his nk on the night before a must lynch.

So for example:

2 wolves
3 villagers

1 villager gets lynched
wolves nk a village
vig nks a wolf

At morning it's 1-1, which means game ends in a tie, which is lame.

Actually for this reason, I am having second thoughts about a night vig. Day vig is better. Even if it gives village an advantage, it's not a huge advantage, and village has mostly lost anyway, so village can use another point here and there.

If you do a day vig, there is a very important thing village has to oblige by

Anyone can fake claim being the vigilante, just like people fake claim seer etc...

BUT only the REAL vigilante can actually go "SHOOT X" it's really important the the village knows that when someone says "SHOOT" that's it's the real deal, and that the person shot has to shut up and be dead.

So, people can claim vig, but only the real vig can actually shoot.

No fake shooting by village

Gah... I'll decide tonight. I like the idea of some dude shouting "Shoot Mott!"... I see villagers and wolves all "shouting" in the hopes that they'll get Vig cover...

lol

Final Cast:

Grind
CaptBilly
Threedee
USF911
Watermark
Mott the Hoople
Voltaire
Rana
Superfreak
Christiefan
LadyT

Wolf votes have never been very crucial or significant within the first two days, anyway, so the Vigilante won't be a big deal in terms of effecting the vote tally until Day 3.

Roles have been sent. I'll open the thread just before the game begins. Discussion should not begin until then.

Back