Some Facts For Consideration

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
A The number of physicians in the US currently is approx: 700,000.
B. Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year are on average: 120,000.
C. (calculation) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171

(Statistics courtesy of the US Dept of Health Human Services)

A. The number of gun owners in the US is about 80,000,000. (yeah, million)
B. The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
C. (calculation) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188.

(Statistics courtesy of the FBI).

So, statistically doctors are 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. While not everybody has a gun, pretty much everybody has access to doctors (at least one).

Please alert all your friends of this danger! Ban doctors at once!

(Out of concern for the public at large we did not include stats on lawyers as it may cause a panic and cause people to seek medical attention and thus present them to danger we could otherwise avoid.)

look, the anti-gun crowd aren't really afraid of guns, they are simply fascists and don't want to get shot in the face for spewing their bullshit. it's painfully obvious.

A The number of physicians in the US currently is approx: 700,000.
B. Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year are on average: 120,000.
C. (calculation) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171

(Statistics courtesy of the US Dept of Health Human Services)

A. The number of gun owners in the US is about 80,000,000. (yeah, million)
B. The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
C. (calculation) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188.

(Statistics courtesy of the FBI).

So, statistically doctors are 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. While not everybody has a gun, pretty much everybody has access to doctors (at least one).

Please alert all your friends of this danger! Ban doctors at once!

(Out of concern for the public at large we did not include stats on lawyers as it may cause a panic and cause people to seek medical attention and thus present them to danger we could otherwise avoid.)

How many would die without doctors?

look, the anti-gun crowd aren't really afraid of guns, they are simply fascists and don't want to get shot in the face for spewing their bullshit. it's painfully obvious.

Correct. My desire to ban guns springs solely from my desire to exercise arbitrary authority without cause.

the anti gun nutters aren't really concerned with accidental deaths, they are concerned with the intentional deaths caused by guns. doctors do not intentionally kill people, well, 99.9% don't. i wonder if you include intentional deaths in the figure if it would surpass the accidental deaths by doctors. my hunch is it would not.

the anti gun nutters aren't really concerned with accidental deaths, they are concerned with the intentional deaths caused by guns. doctors do not intentionally kill people, well, 99.9% don't. i wonder if you include intentional deaths in the figure if it would surpass the accidental deaths by doctors. my hunch is it would not.

Well then we would also need to include illegal doctors.

Murder in general isn't a very common cause of death, besides, I dunno, maybe amongst young males, because they don't have many medical problems and tend to get involved in violence more than other groups; but even there it's still far surpassed by accidents. People tend to concentrate on violent causes of death and give it a disproportionate amount of their concern, because it plays into our primal fears. But medical error is a huge cause of death. Actually, it's the fifth most common cause in the US.

If only Colorado had concealed carry, nothing like this would ever happen.

If only the "Gun Free Zones" worked it wouldn't have. Apparently bad guys use the signs to find targets. If I were in that theater I would be suing them because they chose to take the responsibility of my defense when they chose to make their theater a "Gun Free Zone" and disallowed people the right to defend themselves... They didn't take their responsibility seriously enough.

Back