Songs you hope never to hear again

Here are 10 of mine that aren't all really 'bad' songs, I've just become SO burned out on them, I now detest hearing them...

1. Hey Mickey -Toni Basil ...okay, this one really is a bad song.

2. I Write The Songs -Barry Manilow ...a song that was good, for 15 minutes.

3. What's Up -4 Non Blondes ...a song that was good, then bad, then good, then bad again.

4. Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow -Fleetwood Mac ...thanks to the DNC and Clintons

5. Born to Run -Bruce Springsteen ..thanks to MTV

6. Sultans of Swing -Dire Straits ..not even their best music!

7. Rocket Man -Elton John ..thanks Wm. Shatner!

8. Back in Black -AC/DC ..thanks every radio DJ in America the past 40 years.

9. Rio & Hungry Like a Wolf -Duran Duran ..thanks again MTV

10. Take on Me -Ahha ...Ditto

I'm assuming those 15 minutes you had a severe head cold, and consequently lost your sense of hearing.

Ebony & Ivory - Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder. No idea what they were smoking.

I'm assuming those 15 minutes you had a severe head cold, and consequently lost your sense of hearing.

Actually that was a play on words, alluding to your proverbial "15 minutes of fame."

Manilow was popular in 1977, and this became his signature song, but the ironic thing is, although Manilow was noted for his songwriting, he didn't write the song! He wasn't even the first artist to record the song. It was written by Bruce Johnston of the Beach Boys and originally recorded by David Cassidy and later by Captain and Tenille. It was rumored the song was about Brian Wilson, but Johnston says the "I" is actually "God."

Back