Spring Forward Monday Sucks...

ARE YOU GUYS STUPID?

daylight saving time is fucking awesome. It allows lots of sun and light in the summer. And keeps the depressing mornings dark long as possible. Man do I hate the morning sun.

"Standard" time is what is one the way out.

no no no, people hate standard time, that's usually what most people complain about. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO PURPOSELY MAKE IT DARKER IN THE WINTER FOR NO REASON? "oh damn, I mean there is barely any sun out anyway, lets just make our days short as possible and get the sun to set at 4pm!"

Lol, it is dark up in Alaska, anyway, and in the summer it is light, so it might matter in Boson, but not Anchortown!

ARE YOU GUYS STUPID?

daylight saving time is fucking awesome. It allows lots of sun and light in the summer. And keeps the depressing mornings dark long as possible. Man do I hate the morning sun.

no no no, people hate standard time, that's usually what most people complain about. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO PURPOSELY MAKE IT DARKER IN THE WINTER FOR NO REASON? "oh damn, I mean there is barely any sun out anyway, lets just make our days short as possible and get the sun to set at 4pm!"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just get rid of one, I don't care which.

I gotta side with CO Dems on this one. Since Standard is the normal, non-homosexual time, we should stay with that and abolish Fake Time.

Either way, abolishing one of them is 100% preferable to doing nothing about it.

Not sure why some snot-nosed Canadian who's still too young to vote cares about what goes on down here.

Perhaps he just likes whining about the things better musicians than he has to say.

Hey stupid, we have daylight savings in Canada too. Perhaps all you like to is whine and not add anything of value to threads. Why do you think daylight savings is a good idea in today's world? Try engaging in the conversation instead of being a constant whiny bitch.

Now suck my small pretty Canadian dick.

This is probably the first time in my life I haven't been annoyed by it, because I have no responsibilities. I actually enjoy it, sunset at 7:00 PM is awesome (it'll be even more awesome in the summer once it creeps up to 8:00 PM). My bike riding has been constrained all winter by running out of sunset in the evening, 5 PM and 6 PM. I'm personally for DST all year, I don't see why we set it back in the winter. You'd think you'd need it in winter more, if anything. Instead, we roll back in the fall so that our days become absurdly short, and we spring forward later on in the year so that we have ultra long days in the summer. Just keep it on DST 365 days a year, sunlight in the evening is more useful than sunlight in the morning because recreation occurs in the evening, and lack of sunlight limits a lot of recreational activities.

ARE YOU GUYS STUPID?

Thankyou, brother.

If anything, I'd go beyond DST, add an extra 30 minutes or even an hour on top (9 PM sunsets!) They basically do this in a lot of Russia, I'm on their side.

Last edited:
People who are against DST need to get out more, IMO. I set out at 3:30 today for a 35 mile bike ride and was back in before the sun set. That's awesome. No way I would be able to do that with shitty boring standard time.

People who are against DST need to get out more, IMO. I set out at 3:30 today for a 35 mile bike ride and was back in before the sun set. That's awesome. No way I would be able to do that with shitty boring standard time.

If we didn't have it, we would be like sunny hawaii. While not as close to the equator and thus we will experience more of a daylight loss, the equilibrium will more than offset the crazy time shift we dumb mainlanders enjoy.

Be brave Sir Tyrion, move out from the shadows of DST.

Wouldn't receiving a gift from yourself that is not a gun be the equivalent a receiving an ugly sweater?

No. I buy myself things other than guns all the time. Though this was the 2nd most expensive one. It was still a steal at $5,000.

Back