Starbucks CEO says no "silver bullet" for fixing Starbucks

I can’t kick my starbucks habit. When I was in Maryland last week for the hearings, it was the worst I’ve been with that, because I stayed at the Bethesda Hilton and there was a Starbucks right in the lobby. They opened at 6:30 am, and every morning I was the first customer, right on the dot. I am addicted to the soy honey lattes, and the soy toffee nut lattes. I was doing two a day there, but at home, I usually keep it at one a day.

I guess what will happen is, if as is appearing more and more likely McCain is our next President, and he finishes the job bush started – and he will – I will end up in the financial toilet along with everybody else and then I will finally have to kick them. But, the silver lining in that cloud will be all of the die-hards pretending that “race had nothing to do with it!” are going to be broke and wondering how they’re going to feed their kids. I don’t have kids. So, that will at least give me some laughs. You have to find the bright spot in every situation. That’s how I’ve kept myself looking almost ten years younger than I am, frankly.

About those die hards you mentioned ? they will just blame it on someone else, possibly the blacks....Nothing will ever be their fault.

I can’t kick my starbucks habit. When I was in Maryland last week for the hearings, it was the worst I’ve been with that, because I stayed at the Bethesda Hilton and there was a Starbucks right in the lobby. They opened at 6:30 am, and every morning I was the first customer, right on the dot. I am addicted to the soy honey lattes, and the soy toffee nut lattes. I was doing two a day there, but at home, I usually keep it at one a day.

I guess what will happen is, if as is appearing more and more likely McCain is our next President, and he finishes the job bush started – and he will – I will end up in the financial toilet along with everybody else and then I will finally have to kick them. But, the silver lining in that cloud will be all of the die-hards pretending that “race had nothing to do with it!” are going to be broke and wondering how they’re going to feed their kids. I don’t have kids. So, that will at least give me some laughs. You have to find the bright spot in every situation. That’s how I’ve kept myself looking almost ten years younger than I am, frankly.

So that's about $8.00 a day on coffee. Why not just buy your own machine?

well this is good news for MickyDs then. They may just have made a good decision to do the fancy coffee in store if their prices are respectively cheaper than SBs. People will still grab quick Cheap food stuff like MD and if they can grab a good chunk of the latte drinkers then they just might have been smart to adopt the product.

Back