Stupidest Question In The Universe

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/14/living/miss-universe-question/index.html

(CNN) -- First things first: I didn't watch Monday night's Miss Universe Pageant. I did not even know it was on.

The last time I might have tuned into such a program was in middle school, the height of insecurity. I was short, scrawny and getting used to my first pair of oversized glasses. My thick dark hair wouldn't lay flat like the blondes with their perfect wispy bangs. Not yet "developed" like many of my peers, I'm sure watching glamorous half-naked models parade around on stage was just what my young psyche needed.

When I came into work Tuesday morning, I was greeted with an e-mail that made me think about the pageant for the first time in decades. It contained the final question posed to finalist Leila Lopes of Angola, now our universe's newly crowned Miss Universe.

"If you could change one of your physical characteristics," the designated judge asked her, "which one would it be and why?"

Are you (insert profanity) kidding me?

After standing under the magnifying glass of millions, this 25-year-old, 5-foot-10 ½-inch knockout had to publicly contemplate if she was physically good enough.

More at link...

Beauty pageants are dumb and should be abolished. We shouldn't pretend that objectifying women is somehow dignified. If I want to fap, I'll fap, and it won't be to fap material that's pretending not to be fap material by asking people who are in no way notable for their intellectual achievements dumb questions and pretending that this makes the whole affair intellectually stimulating. It's funny that beauty must apologize for itself so much. Do you imagine we'd ever have a contest where distinguished physicists got together and discussed theories, and so were compared, but one of the things that contributed to the final score was who was the hottest physicist because they didn't want to seem like they only took intelligence into account? That's retarded. And so are beauty pageants.

Last edited:
Beauty pageants are dumb and should be abolished. We shouldn't pretend that objectifying women is somehow dignified. If I want to fap, I'll fap, and it won't be to fap material that's pretending not to be fap material by asking people who are in no way notable for their intellectual achievements dumb questions and pretending that this makes the whole affair intellectually stimulating. It's funny that beauty must apologize for itself so much. Do you imagine we'd ever have a contest where distinguished physicists got together and discussed theories, and so were compared, but one of the things that contributed to the final score was who was the hottest physicist because they didn't want to seem like they only took intelligence into account? That's retarded. And so are beauty pageants.
I judge science based on looks as well as intellectual merit. It's why the sun is the center of the universe as far as I'm concerned. Galileo was an ugly mother fucker.

It's also just a rude question. If I asked an ugly person it, I'd be pointing out that they were ugly. If I asked a beautiful person it, well, really, what are they supposed to say? "Man, it'd be great if I had bigger tits", or "I wish I was Asian"? "I'm already the best there ever was you ugly whore"? Just no good way to ever answer such a question besides dodging it, which is what she did.

It's also just a rude question. If I asked an ugly person it, I'd be pointing out that they were ugly. If I asked a beautiful person it, well, really, what are they supposed to say? "Man, it'd be great if I had bigger tits", or "I wish I was Asian"? "I'm already the best there ever was you ugly whore"? Just no good way to ever answer such a question besides dodging it, which is what she did.

"I wish I didn't have so many ass hairs"

I feel this would have been the best answer.

The stupidest question in the universe was actually asked by an inhabitant of Onth whose name, strangely and in loose translation, was Peter. His question was so stupid that no earthly language could adequately frame it and since there are no interpreters of Onthic to English alive today the question has been lost to all but a few very old Onthians They are deemed to be old at the earth age of three weeks and two days and speak by rubbing their three tendrils together.

The stupidest question in the universe was actually asked by an inhabitant of Onth whose name, strangely and in loose translation, was Peter. His question was so stupid that no earthly language could adequately frame it and since there are no interpreters of Onthic to English alive today the question has been lost to all but a few very old Onthians They are deemed to be old at the earth age of three weeks and two days and speak by rubbing their three tendrils together.

How does one objectively verify stupidity? If the question is lost, how can we objectively verify that it has achieved maximal stupidity?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/14/living/miss-universe-question/index.html

(CNN) -- First things first: I didn't watch Monday night's Miss Universe Pageant. I did not even know it was on.

The last time I might have tuned into such a program was in middle school, the height of insecurity. I was short, scrawny and getting used to my first pair of oversized glasses. My thick dark hair wouldn't lay flat like the blondes with their perfect wispy bangs. Not yet "developed" like many of my peers, I'm sure watching glamorous half-naked models parade around on stage was just what my young psyche needed.

When I came into work Tuesday morning, I was greeted with an e-mail that made me think about the pageant for the first time in decades. It contained the final question posed to finalist Leila Lopes of Angola, now our universe's newly crowned Miss Universe.

"If you could change one of your physical characteristics," the designated judge asked her, "which one would it be and why?"

Are you (insert profanity) kidding me?

After standing under the magnifying glass of millions, this 25-year-old, 5-foot-10 ½-inch knockout had to publicly contemplate if she was physically good enough.

More at link...

Uh, thanks?

And she probably has AIDS. LOL.

Just when I think you might be playing with 52 cards, you go and spoil it by proving to be obnoxious, insensitive, inappropriate.
As an AIDS activist, and as one who has lost friends and family to the disease, I can do without your kind. Go to Hell.

They actually have surprisingly little AIDS in Angola:

800px-HIV_Epidem.png

Back