Sunday will be quite the day....

Ok here are the pictures. We start with me pretty much sober at 1:00 PM (bar opened at noon). The next is a picture of my leg at 2pm, followed by my face at the same time. I held the button while I tried to position the camera. Next is my 3pm picture. Note the widened eyes as I try to appear unaffected by the alcohol. 4pm was completely disregarded. Shortly before the 5pm shift change I take another picture outside. Despite the increase in clouds and decrease in sunlight, my eyes are much more sensitive. I have now engaged in several conversations that I do not remember and more than likely said things I shouldn't have. More pics in next post.

The next picture is taken by the night shift, my good friend Carie. You'd see more confidence in my smile if I have an upper lip. Next is Carie, posing as a weirdo. Next is my 6pm photo, with good friend Bob in the background. At this point I'm not even sure why my picture is being taken. New of my task must have spread to the local media, hence my attentive smile and wide sober eyes. Next is 7pm. I've been drinking a solid 7 hours, yet still manage to remind conversationally aware. This time I'm with Bill, a retired Marine of 30 some years. Not the slackness of my body while I try and keep my head straight.

Finally we have 8pm. I am not as enthusiastic about this as when I started. I am tired. Still trying to appear sober I now realize I have no noticeable neck. I silently pray that everyone else leaves so I may as well.

Next we have a photo between 8 and 9pm. I took it for some reason. The only person I recognize is Carie. I'm sure if I used a higher quality camera, I'd be able to tell you who those people are. Moving on, we have my 9pm shot. I am unprepared for this and too busy enjoying my $1.50 Miller High Life. 10pm, Carie is busy trying to clean as I am now the only customer to remain. I ask how many High Life cans are left, trying to decide whether or not to kill the case. There are two remaining. I go for it.

Finally, 11pm. She's waiting for me to finish my final glass. A victory photo is taken. Two actually, because she says the first sucks. We also have me holding my victory beer and victory post, filled with beer tabs. A attempt to get a close up of the tabs results in failure, mostly due to user error.

A second attempt is made, with similar results. Fuck it, one more try. Third attempt with the same methods and user, predictably resulting in the same outcome. Didn't someone once say insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results? Finally we have me and Carie in the parking lot, shortly before we part ways.

Well, there you have it. A photographic tale of how I opened and closed my local bar. Now there might be some people who say 12-11 isn't a proper open and close. I'd agree, but my options are limited. They have the cheapest beer in town, a nice quiet atmosphere, extremely short drive to my house (or if I were REALLY too drunk, my job), and plenty of friends to watch me.

They're in the thread sperm slurper. But good idea about making an album.... wish I thought of it....:(

Ok here are the pictures. We start with me pretty much sober at 1:00 PM (bar opened at noon). The next is a picture of my leg at 2pm, followed by my face at the same time. I held the button while I tried to position the camera. Next is my 3pm picture. Note the widened eyes as I try to appear unaffected by the alcohol. 4pm was completely disregarded. Shortly before the 5pm shift change I take another picture outside. Despite the increase in clouds and decrease in sunlight, my eyes are much more sensitive. I have now engaged in several conversations that I do not remember and more than likely said things I shouldn't have. More pics in next post.

Why are you horizontal, in all but the second picture?

Last edited:
Back