supply shortages

Obviously ... this is Biden's fault.

Holy fuck Jack, I warned last year what would happen as a consequence of Biden's war on fossil fuels. Even a slippery eel like you can't wriggle your way out of that!

AP: Heating costs to soar as Biden begs fossil-fuel companies for rescue

Obviously ... this is Biden's fault.

Holy fuck Jack, I you warned last year what would happen as a consequence of Biden's war on fossil fuels. Even a slippery eel like you can't wriggle your way out of that!

AP: Heating costs to soar as Biden begs fossil-fuel companies for rescue

The White House has been speaking with U.S. oil and gas producers in recent days about helping to bring down rising fuel costs, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

Energy costs are rising worldwide, in some cases leading to shortages in major economies like China and India. In the United States, the average retail cost of a gallon of gas is at a seven-year high, and winter fuel costs are expected to surge, according to the U.S. Energy Department. Oil-and-gas production remains below the nation’s peak reached in 2019.

Go figure that cutting off access to exploration and extraction, as well as promising to put an end to fossil fuels entirely, created cost hikes. In fact, as the Energy Information Agency reported yesterday, gasoline prices shot up a whopping 42% year-on-year in September, which has contributed to the sharp overall spike in inflation this year. The increase in fuel prices have created a stagflation trap for Biden, as Barclay’s warned on the data yesterday, that threatens to hammer the working classes much more than the wealthy as buying power erodes.

But the threat to lower-income households might be even more existential than that. Later yesterday, the Associated Press warned that heating fuel might go up as high as 54% year-on-year this winter, in which case Biden had better pray for some global warming.

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/202...begs-fossil-fuel-companies-for-rescue-n422298

my work computer is starting to show its age.......was planning on replacing it next year with a new laptop......beginning to wonder if I should pick one up now in case they are out of stock next year......do I dare wait to see what happens on Black Friday.....

The worst of all is deflation when people stop buying because they expect prices to drop causing a deflationary spiral. Ask the Japanese about that.

Why Deflation Is Worse than Inflation

Deflation is worse because interest rates can only be lowered to zero. As businesses and people feel less wealthy, they spend less, reducing demand further. Prices drop in response, giving companies less profit. Once people expect price declines, they delay purchases as long as possible. They know the longer they wait, the lower the price will be. This further decreases demand, causing businesses to slash prices even more. It is a vicious, downward spiral.

https://www.thebalance.com/inflation-and-deflation-definition-causes-effects-3306106

When we have both inflation and shortages, which compound each other, the smart man lays in supplies.

Kindly attempt to follow along.

tyvm

When we have both inflation and shortages, which compound each other, the smart man lays in supplies.

Kindly attempt to follow along.

tyvm

I'd add that the smart person always is ready to survive at least two weeks without resupply and a month is even better. For those who have the space and financial assets, six months is good too.

Or build a bunker. ;)

The modern term is "Concrete storage shed".

F3C4QE2IFFMBZK6OQUXVHWVL4E.jpg

The fertilizer shortage which is causing a CO2 shortage is certainly likely to be a huge motherfucking problem. Also the packaging shortages seem to be ramping up not down.

Input costs for 2022 continue to skyrocket amid supply chain issues around the globe. China has banned the export of phosphate, a major component of commercial fertilizer, and soaring natural gas prices in the U.S. and Europe are also contributing as that is the main feedstock of the world’s nitrogen fertilizer.
https://hoosieragtoday.com/fertilizer-prices-increasing-by-the-day/

The move by China earlier this week to ban phosphate exports until at least June of next year puts even more pressure on global phosphate trade. The U.S. doesn't buy much phosphate from China, but the country represents about 30% of world trade. Now China's traditional buyers will be looking elsewhere
https://www.dtnpf.com/agriculture/web/ag/crops/article/2021/09/30/china-phosphate-fertilizer-export

This is how China operates, as I have been warning you for years.

I have never been in favor of turning food grade corn into ethanol ( about a third of it), but that we do will likely mean that we dont suffer the CO2 shortage to the degree that the rest of the world does. What remains of the UK has already had massive CO2 shortages.

Back