Team USA Defeats Krauts

Why do you not get offended by slurs like redneck?
Cracker?
Honkey?
Crooked toothed Brit?
Or is it more about your hyperpartisan outlook than offense?

Why do you not get offended by slurs like redneck?
Cracker?
Honkey?
Crooked toothed Brit?
Or is it more about your hyperpartisan outlook than offense?

Not sure why you think I don't get offended by those. And not sure why being offended by slurs is considered partisan.

You, of course, are free to say slurs. I, of course, am free to say I find them offensive. In addition to that, to me they indicate sloppy thinking on the part of the person using them.

Not sure why you think I don't get offended by those. And not sure why being offended by slurs is considered partisan.

You, of course, are free to say slurs. I, of course, am free to say I find them offensive. In addition to that, to me they indicate sloppy thinking on the part of the person using them.
Ok.
So why, in another thread when poet used slurs, did you remain silent?

Partisanship?

Ok.
So why, in another thread when poet used slurs, did you remain silent?

Partisanship?

Well, it's possible I didn't read it. It's also possible I just skimmed by it; Poet often uses words and terms I wouldn't, so his/her postings hurt my eyes a bit sometimes so I skim them pretty rapidly.

I also admit I'm not the slur-police; sometimes it pops out so loudly (like in the thread's title) that I feel moved to comment on it. Other times, like all of us, I probably just don't notice.

Or appropriate when one knows the personality of the poster.

Empathy. I am offended by slurs against people whether I am or am not a member of the group being slurred.

It's one thing if a member of a group refers to another member of the group by a slur; that can, sometimes, be an identity thing.

On a msg board where we don't know where anyone is from or what group they belong to, it's offensive.

You have been here five minutes whereas us poor fools have been here years.

You have been here five minutes whereas us poor fools have been here years.
I'm offended that she would dictate to me what is or isn't offensive!!

She will instruct me to cease and desist from calling you a taig next!
What is the world coming to!!

:chesh:

Howey
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries Visit Homepage Add as Contact Grind's BFF

This message is hidden because Howey is on your ignore list.

Hell no, I hate the Krauts and always will. They have destroyed Western civilization twice in less than two millenia. They are pathetic, and I am ashamed to have 1/4 of their blood in my veins. I wish we had Dresdened all of their major cities back in the war.

Also, I use all of the European slurs - wops, frogs, limies, krauts, etc. Hungary changed it's international three-letter designator because it looked too much like their word for gypsy. Needless to say I chanted "gypsies" at the tv during the olympics.

:cool:

Whoops, turns out it was Romania that changed it's acronym back in 2002 from ROM to ROU. Rom is their word for "gypsy," and they already have to deal with people referred to local gypsy populations as Romanians.

Sorry about that, Huns!

Back