Teamsters won’t endorse in presidential race after releasing internal polling showing most members support Trump

Earl

Teamsters won’t endorse in presidential race after releasing internal polling showing most members support Trump
Kayla Tausche Kevin Liptak
By Michael Williams, Kayla Tausche and Kevin Liptak, CNN
4 minute read
Updated 8:23 PM EDT, Wed September 18, 2024

CNN —

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters declined to endorse a presidential candidate on Wednesday after releasing internal polling that showed a majority of its members supported former President Donald Trump over Vice President Kamala Harris.

It’s the first time in nearly three decades that the union has not endorsed a presidential candidate.

“Unfortunately, neither major candidate was able to make serious commitments to our union to ensure the interests of working people are always put before Big Business,” Teamsters President Sean O’Brien said in a statement. “We sought commitments from both Trump and Harris not to interfere in critical union campaigns or core Teamsters industries – and to honor our members’ right to strike – but were unable to secure those pledges.”

Ahead of the decision, the Teamsters shared internal data showing that a majority of members supported Trump over Harris. According to an electronic member poll that was initiated after President Joe Biden withdrew from the race, about 60% of members believed the union should endorse Trump while 34% supported Harris. About 6% said they supported another candidate.

“It’s a great honor. They’re not going to endorse the Democrats. That’s a big thing,” Trump said during a campaign stop in New York City on Wednesday. “Democrats automatically have the Teamsters. They took a vote, and I guess I was at 60% or more, and that’s a great honor.”

Trump is Yesterday. Americans have grown up.
Yesterday was much better than today. Wasn't it though? We have grown up... And we'd like our families to be able to
Grow up safely and successfully as well... And Kam it's not the answer to that happening...

Yesterday was much better than today. Wasn't it though? We have grown up... And we'd like our families to be able to
Grow up safely and successfully as well... And Kam it's not the answer to that happening...
She is for the progressive half of the USA.

She is for the progressive half of the USA.
I guess we'll see if it's actually half... Who are progressive and happy with the way things have been "progressing "the last 4 years...I'm guessing it's not...;)

Last edited:
Which is why they didn't endorse the cackling kamal.

Truck drivers drive 600 miles a day listening to HATE RADIO.

And specifically, HATE RADIO PROGRAMMING targets Truck Drivers. For one reason- Truck Drivers make up a large majority of their listening audience.

These Right-Wing radio hosts are feeding the Truck Drivers with rhetoric like- Their jobs are being replaced with undocumented minority workers- which is a lie, and rhetoric such as their jobs are going away because Autonomous 18 wheelers are just around the corner- which is also an exaggerated lie. Other lies being told to the Truck Drivers is that Biden is the one causing Diesel Fuel to be so expensive. Truck Drivers deliver to warehouses that use robotics and they see this everyday, and Right Wing Radio tells them that Robotics is a LEFT-WING technology out to replace human beings- WHICH IS A COMPLETE LOAD OF SHIT!

1 out of every 10 drivers on the road are Truck Drivers and Truck Drivers are one of the largest Voting Blocs in the country- THANKS TO RIGHT-WING HATE RADIO keeping their SHIT all hot 24 hours a day- feeding them lie after lie.

Last edited:
Yesterday was indeed better than today.
Post Nixon / Reagan has been a dystopia.
Dubya and Trump poured petrol on the flames.

Vide President Harris is an accomplished civil servant.
Former President Trump is a crude, classless vulgarian and convicted felon.

We all don't all want the same things for our families, obviously.
I'd have to viscerally hate my family to want what you want for them, TOP.

Yesterday was indeed better than today.
Post Nixon / Reagan has been a dystopia.
Dubya and Trump poured petrol on the flames.

Vide President Harris is an accomplished civil servant.
Former President Trump is a crude, classless vulgarian and convicted felon.

We all don't all want the same things for our families, obviously.
I'd have to viscerally hate my family to want what you want for them, TOP.
Kam is an idiot With horrible ideas that she can't express or explain....... I don’t want any of that for my family or my community or my country... I'm really not sure where you see accomplished civil servant...but I'll listen if you have tome to tell me... ( Really i'm thinking you just hate President Trump... and I get that... however...she's not acceptable in any way, shape, or form... She's just not...so he gets another chance from me...)

Back