Teen explains the concept of the fourth dimension

Most of the posters on here are one, possibly two dimensional, so explaining four dimensions is nigh on impossible.

Last edited:
This kid has had nearly 8 million views, and probably made around $50K at least. If it was so easy why didn't you do it?

So he watched a NOVA documentary on PBS a few times until he memorized it, then repeated it on video.

You are easily impressed, Shit Shaper.

But then given your politics, that's obvious.

Can time even be likened to a physical prism, the way that the first three dimensions are?

time is not a spatial dimension. In physics it's been traditionally viewed in terms of part of a 4D manifold called minkowski spacetime. But I thinnnk even now they might be moving away from that.

So he watched a NOVA documentary on PBS a few times until he memorized it, then repeated it on video.

You are easily impressed, Shit Shaper.

But then given your politics, that's obvious.

eh ok lets go easy on tom the kid was pretty interesting and he's way ahead of other kids and even most people with regards to thinking about this stuff. but yes he basically ripped off sagan lol

time is not a spatial dimension. In physics it's been traditionally viewed in terms of part of a 4D manifold called minkowski spacetime. But I thinnnk even now they might be moving away from that.

Interesting. There have been theories about numerous dimensions - I think as many as 17 - which I believe started with Kant's beliefs about human perception. Also, the 3D universe is apparently flat, which I think is hysterical.

Interesting. There have been theories about numerous dimensions - I think as many as 17 - which I believe started with Kant's beliefs about human perception. Also, the 3D universe is apparently flat, which I think is hysterical.

to be clear, flat just means it's not curved back on itself, like a sphere, and that parallel lines stay parallel. It doesn't mean that the universe is "thin" or anything.

from the analogy of flatland, to the discussion of other spatial dimensions being at right angles to us, to the bringing up of the tesseract (almost in the same order)

I am actually even more impressed that he had the gumption to make a YouTube video and make a fuckton of money.

Back