The 4th

Yurt

Willin to be Chillin
I had other plans for the Fourth of July.... However my mother is going through a nasty divorce and basically asked me if I could come down.

Like I'm going to say no....

Any she is a vegetarian and wants me to grill up some food.

Any ideas on vege grills? I Google it and it seems nasty. I'm going to bring my ribeye... So I'm guessing she wants corn, which is easy.... But what the Fook does a vege eat at a bbq?

Thank you for any help my JPP friends.

I had other plans for the Fourth of July.... However my mother is going through a nasty divorce and basically asked me if I could come down.

Any ideas on vege grills? I Google it and it seems nasty. I'm going to bring my ribeye... So I'm guessing she wants corn, which is easy.... But what the Fook does a vege eat at a bbq?

Acorn or spaghetti squash

Portobellos, black bean burgers...need recipes? PM me...;)

Kabobs and corn.
Potato salad
Baked beans
Green salads should be very enriched with seeds and nuts and cranberries, shredded carrots and cheeses.
By minced garlic in a jar to save time. Fry a spoonful invirgin olive oil then cook any kind of vegetable.
Add to brown rice for a filling meal.

Oh, and veggie burgers.

I would grill kabobs but replace the meat with tofu. I would build them with a cube of tofu, a pearl onion, a cherry tomato, anther cube of tofu, a mushroom, a slice of bell pepper, another tofu cube, etc,. I would marinate them in tariyaki sauce and grill on high heat till the veggies have grill marks and the tofu is crispy. East to make and tasty.

You can also grill them tapinaki style, I.E. put all tofu on one skewer, cherry tomatoes on another, mushrooms on another, asparagus spears on another. I find it’s easier took cook tapinyaki style then kabob style.

Last edited:

Green onions. Spray a whole green onion lightly with spray olive oil, and season (I use Lawrey's coarse ground garlic salt with parsley). It's been a while, but I think you only grill for a minute or two. I use them as an appetizer while other stuff is grilling. Zucchini and summer squash also grill well, and pineapple slices too.

Kabobs and corn.
Potato salad
Baked beans
Green salads should be very enriched with seeds and nuts and cranberries, shredded carrots and cheeses.
By minced garlic in a jar to save time. Fry a spoonful invirgin olive oil then cook any kind of vegetable.

Oh, and veggie burgers.

Thanks Rune!

Are you a vegetabletarian? I grew up vege but that ended when I was leaving my cousins at 17 years old and all of a sudden I had the munchies and only $2 on me. McDonald's cheeseburger for the sale price of fifty cents (of all things) converted me.

Green onions. Spray a whole green onion lightly with spray olive oil, and season (I use Lawrey's coarse ground garlic salt with parsley). It's been a while, but I think you only grill for a minute or two. I use them as an appetizer while other stuff is grilling. Zucchini and summer squash also grill well, and pineapple slices too.

Never thought about grilling a green onion. Now I will, I love green onions.

Thank you.

Kabobs and corn.
Potato salad
Baked beans

Oh, and veggie burgers.

Cheese isn't a vegetable

I wish I had plans. I have to go in on the third for a couple invasive tests, and I will go from there. On the other hand it's always a madhouse around during the forth. We used to enjoy going out to the sandbar, but here's a picture of how bad the tourists are getting.

tumblr_nwol8uYyGm1rq4umeo1_500.jpg

They had a lawsuit against the people throwing an event, and have been sending out law enforcement to patrol.

Last edited:

I take my Mom out to the Bar-B-Q joints, and she will eat specialties like Home made cream corn, cooked cabbage, Beans, Cole Slaw, macaroni and cheese, and Pecan Pie- while she sits there and watches me eat ribs, sliced beef brisket, and smoked ham and sausages. And then I have to listen to her tell me I am going to die young! LOL!

I wish I had plans. I have to go in on the third for a couple invasive tests, and I will go from there. On the other hand it's always a madhouse around during the forth. We used to enjoy going out to the sandbar, but here's a picture of how bad the tourists are getting.

tumblr_nwol8uYyGm1rq4umeo1_500.jpg

They had a lawsuit against the people throwing the event.

Another, look at me and my pitiful life post by Jaded Dragon. Do you understand why I call you Jaded? All you do is whine and complain about how miserable your life is.

There are people suffering homelessness, starvation etc and all you do is whine about your life. Since you claim to be fat, I assume you are blessed enough to afford all the food that makes you fat. I'm sure the starving kids around the world relate to your problem....

You want a good 4th,make it happen. If you don't have anywhere or anyone to share it with, grill yourself whatever you want and drink whatever you want and then maybe watch a movie. Make it a "me" day and have fun and remember what the 4th stands for. You got this Jade Dragon!

it would be interesting to know how many gallons of urine are released in the water on a day like that. a fella could probably go in there and provide collection tanks; collect all that used beer, clean it up and resell it.

:rofl2:

it would be interesting to know how many gallons of urine are released in the water on a day like that.

If the water starts getting warm, swim the other way. Half the people are in shallow water though. Portions are barely above your ankles.

Back