The 4th

I take my Mom out to the Bar-B-Q joints, and she will eat specialties like Home made cream corn, cooked cabbage, Beans, Cole Slaw, macaroni and cheese, and Pecan Pie- while she sits there and watches me eat ribs, sliced beef brisket, and smoked ham and sausages. And then I have to listen to her tell me I am going to die young! LOL!

:rofl2: that is damn funny!

I had other plans for the Fourth of July.... However my mother is going through a nasty divorce and basically asked me if I could come down.

Like I'm going to say no....

Any she is a vegetarian and wants me to grill up some food.

Any ideas on vege grills? I Google it and it seems nasty. I'm going to bring my ribeye... So I'm guessing she wants corn, which is easy.... But what the Fook does a vege eat at a bbq?

Thank you for any help my JPP friends.

The only thing different about an all veggie diet is the source of protein.

Everything in life needs protein to live, and vegetables can be a great source of protein.

The current daily value (%DV) for protein is 50 grams per day and is a target meant for most people. Vegetables high in protein include lima beans, bean sprouts, green peas, spinach, sweet corn, asparagus, artichokes, brussels sprouts, asparagus, and broccoli.

For more vegetarian and vegan sources of protein see the articles on beans and legumes highest in protein, and grains high in protein, and high protein nuts.

https://www.myfooddata.com/articles/vegetables-high-in-protein.php

Thanks Rune!

Are you a vegetabletarian? I grew up vege but that ended when I was leaving my cousins at 17 years old and all of a sudden I had the munchies and only $2 on me. McDonald's cheeseburger for the sale price of fifty cents (of all things) converted me.

I am a vaginatarian.
As such, I am aware of what vagina owners often eat.

I had other plans for the Fourth of July.... However my mother is going through a nasty divorce and basically asked me if I could come down.

Like I'm going to say no....

Any she is a vegetarian and wants me to grill up some food.

Any ideas on vege grills? I Google it and it seems nasty. I'm going to bring my ribeye... So I'm guessing she wants corn, which is easy.... But what the Fook does a vege eat at a bbq?

Thank you for any help my JPP friends.

Asparagus grills nicely. Just coat with olive oil, salt and pepper as desired. (This goes well with ribeye. I throw them on when I turn the steak.)
Zucchini or any other summer squash, sliced the long way with olive oil and seasonings (Or cubed on a kabob with other vegetables)
bell peppers, any color, cut into strips

Cook long enough to get grill marks, turn and repeat.

Don't forget about pineapple rings or pears as fruits that you can grill.

Back