The 7 Creepiest Death Masks From American Political History

Christ on a bike.

Tom Paine had one hell of a hooter on him didn't he?

I was racking my brain for ages (it is Sunday morning you know?) trying to figure out who or what he reminded me of. Then it hit me. If you ever watched the 'Popeye' cartoons when you were a kid you may remember those tall things, who all looked the same, with the big old conks living on an island somewhere. A bit like the Isle of Man. Goons, that's it.

He's the spitting image of one of those blighters.

Mind you, i suppose you'd rather look like that than finish up resembling 'Honest Abe', who has the distinct appearance of the nonce about him.

prog_popeye6.gif

So where is the sixth American president ... and his family?
Hope we dont have to wait too long for the forty third.

Now dude lets not wish death on him , just justice.

I prefer to think of him rotting in prison after all the many trials arround the world.

Well, JQA was a great man. Greater than his father, even. Too bad the Democrats had to fuck up his presidency! :mad:

I must admit that I had in mind other members of his family. Uncle Fester, Morticia. Cousin Itt and, of course, Lurch.

Is that what they're teaching in college now? That JQA was a great man?

I guess...? I mean, he was a man of great character, and no one disputes that. You ever watched Amistad?

Anyway, my dean of history is/was an avowed "Jeffersonian," so we butted heads a lot. I just found out the new professor of Latin American history is a fan of Friedman. He was a former teacher, so we have mostly just been discussing my ed program in passing, but this is pretty cool, considering that the primary poli sci guy has Karl Marx's poster on the wall in his office, and the other profs range from moderate to far left liberals. And one guy is a conservative democrat, but he's a priest...

Back