The Bar thread: favorite drinks, wine and beers

I've switched to green tea, after the 4th pot of the day. :eek: I have serious coffee problem. Last Saturday in the doc office, I asked if my elevated pulse could be from coffee. He replied, "Not likely. How much do you drink?" I said, "On the question form I always check 'more than 4 cups." He asked, "Have you already had 4 or more cups?" It was 8 am. I said, "It depends on your measure of a cup." ;) He said, "Maybe you could cut back..."

I used to drink it all day long and realized I had to stop after the heart palpatations starting bothering me. I love green tea now. If you have a Big Lots store where you live they sell a green tea in 100 bags that is only 2.99 a box. Its cheaper than coffee that way.

Single malt scotch is my liquor of preference. Most often Glenlivet 12yo, but once in a while I'll treat myself to a bottle of Glenmorangie 18. (Never even tried Glenmorangie 25 - WAYYYY to pricey.)

A good port is great to relax and meditate with.

I enjoy saki when sharing it with pals from the Corps.

For beer, I like a variety of Aussie brews.

Glenfiddich is pretty good also. A mite dry to have more than two of them in a sitting, but if one is feeling like a nip or two off the brown sack, single malt is a good avenue to drive down.

Beer: Blue Moon, Fat Tire, Guinness, Longboard, Boddingtons, Alaskan Amber, Coors. Lots of good local stuff are great like the house ale's at a couple of Olympia area pubs.

Wine: ???

Drink: Adios Mother Fucker (AMF), Cuba Libre. Sex on the Beach is pretty good.

Beer: Blue Moon, Fat Tire, Guinness, Longboard, Boddingtons, Alaskan Amber, Coors. Lots of good local stuff are great like the house ale's at a couple of Olympia area pubs.

Wine: ???

Drink: Adios Mother Fucker (AMF), Cuba Libre. Sex on the Beach is pretty good.

Good Catholic squares shouldn't even associate with such evil demons as "Sex on the Beach".

Well, at least we can call Adios the AMF. I doubt that SOB will work for the other one though... :)

Also, two great shots: Sex at My House and Monica's Blue Stained Dress.

Spirits: A good single malt Scotch (12 yo The Macallan is my favorite)

Wine: Aussie shiraz or merlot. They're smooth with a pleasant bouquet.

Beer: Dundee brown ale. Hardly ever have this; it's fattening as hell.

Liqueur: Drambuie, of course.

Back