The beautiful music thread

And now for a brief reality break.

Igor Levit – Pianist under police protection

#IgorLevit #LudwigvanBeethoven #starpianist

Feb 13, 2020

DW Classical Music
63.1K subscribers

Igor Levit is the pianist of the hour. His self-description is: “Human being. Citizen, European. Pianist.” These days, few classical music stars are as politically outspoken as Igor Levit. https://www.dw.com/en/star-pianist-ig... The musician was honored with the 2019 International Beethoven Prize and the Prize of the International Auschwitz Committee in recognition of his decisive commitment to fighting racism and anti-Semitism. The 32-year-old has taken a clear stance against Germany’s far-right AfD (“Alternative for Germany”) Party and its supporters. And in this Beethoven celebration year, Igor Levit is one of the most in-demand performers of the great composer’s 32 piano sonatas. His recording of all the sonatas has made it effortlessly into the music charts. https://www.dw.com/en/igor-levit-wins... For the past several months, the German-Russian pianist with Jewish roots has been receiving death threats, so his performances take place under increased security. DW met up with him in January 2020, ahead of his first concert at the Pierre-Boulez-Saal in Berlin.

In the late 1970's, I came to dislike this song a great deal. Not so much because of the song itself, but for the pretensions of it's many lustful fans who associate it with the act of seduction and romantic conquest and who want to be seen as sexually provocative for promoting the meme.

The pretension of the meme just irritates me to no end.

The song is nice enough, although I have never sat through an entire performance of it since Dudley Moore became disenchanted with Bo Derek back then in the film, "10."

Isn't it interesting how often Conservatives dont live up to their Rap.

No wonder America is so fucked now.

Given the way Legion has been prancing around JPP lately he has no right to complain about me.

Pot....Kettle

Given the way Legion has been prancing around JPP lately he has no right to complain about me. Pot....Kettle

I'm not complaining about you. This is my thread, and it's for beautiful music. If you want to share 20th century soundtracks, start your own thread and do so, please.

Thanks.

Back