The Bible and Sexuality - Op-Ed.

Why can't you stop? I don't care for your proselytizing. Scripture is and has always been open to interpretation. Folks have used scripture for everything from justification for slavery to war. How aligned are you with it? God will be the judge...meantime, back at the ranch, chores are going undone, because you, in your holier-than-thou, self-righteous vigor, have taken it upon yourself to flog me, publicly, for my reprobate mind. Jesus said, "he who is without sin, cast the first stone".....that wouldn't be you, bitch.

The modern school of thought does not agree with PMP. He is still in the Dark Ages with his thinking. Again, PMP, read today's scholars, or those in the recent past for enlightenment, may I suggest, Daniel A. Helminiak, PhD or James B. Nelson, or Daniel Boyarin, or bailey D Sherwin, Tom Horner, Victor Paul Furnish, John Boswell, Robin Scroggs, David F Wright, William L Petersen, Richard B Hayes, l. William Countryman, Lynne. c. Boughton, John Boswell, Samuel Olyan, just to name a few.

My favorite, Helminiak, Daniel A. "What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality"

how do they get past the obstacle of the original text of Leviticus?......or like poet, do they not even bother to look at it.......

Are you out of your mind? Why do I even bother. Leviticus wasn't written for Christians. It was written for the Hebrews, to keep them together in a hostile land. People get confused by the stories and history and lessons revealed by the Old Testament...but that Old Testament God, of retribution and self-centeredness, and demanding sacrifice is not the God of the New Testament....and if you can't see the difference, I can't help you. Did you completely miss, and further, "ignore" Jesus' message? If you keep pointing back to the Old Testament, then you've missed the point of Jesus' appearance, ministry, and example. We can completely omit the Old Testament...unfortunately, it's all the Jews have in the Torah. Or don't you know about other religions? You don't, evidently, know about Christianity.

The modern school of thought does not agree with PMP. He is still in the Dark Ages with his thinking. Again, PMP, read today's scholars, or those in the recent past for enlightenment, may I suggest, Daniel A. Helminiak, PhD or James B. Nelson, or Daniel Boyarin, or bailey D Sherwin, Tom Horner, Victor Paul Furnish, John Boswell, Robin Scroggs, David F Wright, William L Petersen, Richard B Hayes, l. William Countryman, Lynne. c. Boughton, John Boswell, Samuel Olyan, just to name a few.

My favorite, Helminiak, Daniel A. "What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality"

Of course. And he's pissed because people don't agree with him. Fuck him. Ignore him.

Are you out of your mind? Why do I even bother. Leviticus wasn't written for Christians. It was written for the Hebrews, to keep them together in a hostile land. People get confused by the stories and history and lessons revealed by the Old Testament...but that Old Testament God, of retribution and self-centeredness, and demanding sacrifice is not the God of the New Testament....and if you can't see the difference, I can't help you. Did you completely miss, and further, "ignore" Jesus' message? If you keep pointing back to the Old Testament, then you've missed the point of Jesus' appearance, ministry, and example. We can completely omit the Old Testament...unfortunately, it's all the Jews have in the Torah. Or don't you know about other religions? You don't, evidently, know about Christianity.

Exactly, it differentiated them from the pagans and pagan practices, and was in reference to Temple prostitution. They considered it unclean, like having sex with menstruating women, or eating shell fish.

The arguments in Leviticus are religious not moral or ethical.

Abomination is synonymous with unclean.
Israel believed they wer Yahweh's chosen people, they had a pact and this pact required them to be different from other nations, to preserve their special identity with Yahweh.

Exactly, it differentiated them from the pagans and pagan practices, and was in reference to Temple prostitution. They considered it unclean, like having sex with menstruating women, or eating shell fish.

Israel believed they wer Yahweh's chosen people, they had a pact and this pact required them to be different from other nations, to preserve their special identity with Yahweh.

/shrugs.....read the original text link I had provided and offer me your opinion on it......you can list me a hundred liberal theologians who's works I wouldn't waste my time reading.....

actually, there are two different Hebrew words translated as abomination in English.....if you treat them as identical, you appear foolish.....that was the point of providing you with the link to the Hebrew interlinear......perhaps your liberal theologians aren't familiar with the Hebrew language......

it is also a mistake to treat everything in Leviticus as if it were the same......

for example...
Lev. 5:1 If anyone sins because they do not speak up when they hear a public charge to testify regarding something they have seen or learned about, they will be held responsible.

is it your claim this is not an ethical requirement?....

or this?
6:2 “If anyone sins and is unfaithful to the LORD by deceiving a neighbor about something entrusted to them or left in their care or about something stolen, or if they cheat their neighbor, 3 or if they find lost property and lie about it, or if they swear falsely about any such sin that people may commit— 4 when they sin in any of these ways and realize their guilt, they must return what they have stolen or taken by extortion, or what was entrusted to them, or the lost property they found, 5 or whatever it was they swore falsely about.

Last edited:
Back