APP - The Catchall Healthcare Megathread

The fact that it's been 15 years since the country was even talking about health care this much speaks volumes. 15 years ago we had to slow down and talk it over.
it's symptomatic....the same thing has been true about global warming....it became such a focal point that nobody talks about pollution itself, only about the warming issue....

the net cause is using an issue for political gain....so long as there is gain in debating the issue without resolving it, there will be no resolution.....

There is a saying that sometimes in life you are a statue and sometimes a pigeon, so when it comes to dealing with this guy never be a statue.

I like it because the kneejerk reactions that I get from USF are, in my mind, indicative of the conservative movement as a whole.

it's symptomatic....the same thing has been true about global warming....it became such a focal point that nobody talks about pollution itself, only about the warming issue....

the net cause is using an issue for political gain....so long as there is gain in debating the issue without resolving it, there will be no resolution.....

I agree, but Democrats and Republicans are not equally guilty in doing this.

I don't qualify for Medicade. My paychecks go to rent, food, electricity, water, public transportation, and medication.
Live in a cheaper apartment, prepare your own meals from basic ingredients, stop using so much electricity, walk to work, and buy your basic medications at Wal-Mart.:)

Live in a cheaper apartment, prepare your own meals from basic ingredients, stop using so much electricity, walk to work, and buy your basic medications at Wal-Mart.:)

If you saw the way I lived, telling me I need to live more frugally is laughable.

I don't even own a bed or any furniture. I wash my clothes in the sink for fuck's sake.

If you saw the way I lived, telling me I need to live more frugally is laughable.

I don't even own a bed or any furniture. I wash my clothes in the sink for fuck's sake.
Obviously you're getting shitty value in the overpriced liberal urban utopia where you live. Maybe you should have shopped more wisely.

Do you have a source? I can't find any information about this online.
He's correct, the basic plan is 70% with a 30% copay, for single people the deductible is $5,000 for a family it is $10,000. It was part of what I read yesterday while going through the other post about those bullet points that the dude was sending on Twitter.

And if you don't pay for it the government will penalize you. Prepare yourself for a lot of fine rice and peanut butter meals, Fish. LOL

so when the current plan is passed, leaving you with a $5000 deductible and a 30% copay (government only pays 70%).....are your problems solved?.....

Ok, then, the answer is no, my problems would not be solved. As I've said before, I support UHC and see the public option as a stepping stone toward that. Truth be told, no health care reform is going to benefit me in the time span in which I need it.

And if you don't pay for it the government will penalize you. Prepare yourself for a lot of fine rice and peanut butter meals, Fish. LOL

I've eaten nothing but Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches, slices of american cheese, and canned vegetables for months.

Also, if you can prove you can't afford insurance you don't have to buy it even under a mandatory plan.

I've eaten nothing but Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches, slices of american cheese, and canned vegetables for months.

frozen vegetables would be both cheaper and healthier, throw in a package of ramen noodles or a handful of macaroni....scrap the jelly as both expensive and unhealthy, you could buy a five lb bag of apples for less than a jar of jelly....bananas and eggs are also cheap and healthy.....canned tuna....cheapest source of protein in the grocery store.....also, drink tap water, not canned sodas or bottled water.....put your slice of cheese on a baked potato for 30 cents more.....

Last edited:
Ok, then, the answer is no, my problems would not be solved. As I've said before, I support UHC and see the public option as a stepping stone toward that. Truth be told, no health care reform is going to benefit me in the time span in which I need it.
My suggestion would, as would USFREEDOM's suggestion to expand Medicare to cover the working poor. If the goal is to cover those who currently reside in the hole it does not need what they are bringing. It's like swatting a fly with a nuclear weapon.

I don't have a refrigerator , range, or microwave. I do drink tap water. I do buy fruit whenever I can, but I often have to choose between things like soap and toothpaste or fresh fruit/vegetables.

Saying I've eaten nothing but those things is facetious, saying that's where a majority of my calories come from is not.

My suggestion would, as would USFREEDOM's suggestion to expand Medicare to cover the working poor. If the goal is to cover those who currently reside in the hole it does not need what they are bringing. It's like swatting a fly with a nuclear weapon.

Well, Medicare is for old people. Are you talking about Medicaid? If so, I think that's a great idea, let's move up the limits on what you can make to qualify for it.

Well, Medicare is for old people. Are you talking about Medicaid? If so, I think that's a great idea, let's move up the limits on what you can make to qualify for it.
Yeah, sorry. But you knew what I meant anyway.

I agree, it would give us the time to do what is right and find what is effecting the costs while still helping the people who need it. Personally I think they should offer a graduated subsidy where some would pay to be on the medicaid to defer some of the costs but still offer the hand up. The limits are artificially set to keep them within budget, so we'd have to spend some more money in order to get it done, but not nearly what will be spent with the Obamacare plan.

Back