The Defensive Power of the Stateless Nation

Umm I am awake. Muskrat is loosing power in Pakistan, we are not sure what direction it will take in the future.

I disagree with this, Bush and most politicians fucked up on Iraq over WMD and Al-Qaida ties but they are not imperialists. Were that true they would not be getting out of Saudi Arabia or pulling troops from Germany.

Sure they are. It is neo-imperialism. You install a puppet or friendly state and let them do the dirty work.

This war is and the potential war against Iran are largely about keeping our dollar sound.

Sure they are. It is neo-imperialism. You install a puppet or friendly state and let them do the dirty work.
You really think Germany is a puppet or friendly state? I suppose you could MAYBE make an argument for that after 1945, but we are no more involved in their affairs than any other European country.

This war is and the potential war against Iran are largely about keeping our dollar sound.
You actually believe that in light of the dollar's nosedive? How does war debt and instability equate to a sound dollar?

You really think Germany is a puppet or friendly state? I suppose you could MAYBE make an argument for that after 1945, but we are no more involved in their affairs than any other European country.

You actually believe that in light of the dollar's nosedive? How does war debt and instability equate to a sound dollar?
Because they threatened to move oil trade to the Euro rather than the Dollar.

Because they threatened to move oil trade to the Euro rather than the Dollar.

Hmm, well I can't say that's not a logical reason, but it still hovers in the high conspiracometer section, I mean whatever gains from that are surely easily outweighed by the instability of the middle east and racking up debt which has harmed the dollar's standing far more.
Also, Iraq under Saddam may well have been part of OPEC possibly leaning to the Euro and a holder of the world's second largest proven oil reserves, but in reality they were not really exporting much oil then or now for differing reasons and I can't believe they would hold that much sway as a pariah under Saddam.

They are no longer a puppet. They are certainly a friendly state.

Hmm, well I can't say that's not a logical reason, but it still hovers in the high conspiracometer section, I mean whatever gains from that are surely easily outweighed by the instability of the middle east and racking up debt which has harmed the dollar's standing far more.

Not even close. In the absence of a commodity backed money, the dollars only value is in it's demand as a currency. OPEC goes off the dollar and the dollar's true value (nothing) will be unmasked.

It was not really about Saddam or his threats. However, with control of Iraq's oil supply it gives the US a seat at the table to keep them on the dollar.

Iran is making the same noise. Their pull is substantially more than Saddam's.

They are no longer a puppet. They are certainly a friendly state.

Not even close. In the absence of a commodity backed money, the dollars only value is in it's demand as a currency. OPEC goes off the dollar and the dollar's true value (nothing) will be unmasked.

It was not really about Saddam or his threats. However, with control of Iraq's oil supply it gives the US a seat at the table to keep them on the dollar.

Iran is making the same noise. Their pull is substantially more than Saddam's.

Good observation and one which Bush supporters and blind supporters of US policies refuse to see...

Back