The It's Its There Their They're Quiz

The to/too thing really bothers me.

"That's to bad." "I'm to busy to reply now."

Yeah...I see that one a lot too....but for some reason loose/lose is irksome to me. I mean....even phonetically they aren't the same.

One that i used to do was "alot". Someone a long time ago corrected me, of course...I looked it up and he was right....I am very conscious of it now and use "a lot" even though I have to remind myself sometimes and correct it before I hit submit.

You got 10/10 questions correct.

It's pretty obvious that you don't make basic grammatical errors.
If anything, you're annoyed when people make simple mistakes on their blogs.
As far as people with bad grammar go, you know they're only human.
And it's humanity and its current condition that truly disturb you sometimes.

I have a hard time understanding anyone NOT getting 10/10 on that quiz. I mean YOU KNOW the answer is going to be the correct use of the contraction or the homonym, right?

Most of us often use the wrong form in informal writing such as a messageboard or an email to a friend. First drafts of even formal writing are supposed to be undertaken without rushing for a style book. We're NOT looking for errors, but rather to get the point across. Some go a bit far, *cough* Evince for example, but even she wouldn't make those type of error in formal writing I'm just about sure.

I certainly don't 'catch' most of my errors, but it's nearly a ritual that I hit 'post quick' or 'submit' and first glance through I catch several errors. Mostly I edit, sometimes don't.

Tell me 'to find the correct usage?' Yeah, nailed.

Yeah...I see that one a lot too....but for some reason loose/lose is irksome to me. I mean....even phonetically they aren't the same.

One that i used to do was "alot". Someone a long time ago corrected me, of course...I looked it up and he was right....I am very conscious of it now and use "a lot" even though I have to remind myself sometimes and correct it before I hit submit.

How about "noone" instead of "no one"? Grrr.....

I have a hard time understanding anyone NOT getting 10/10 on that quiz. I mean YOU KNOW the answer is going to be the correct use of the contraction or the homonym, right?

Most of us often use the wrong form in informal writing such as a messageboard or an email to a friend. First drafts of even formal writing are supposed to be undertaken without rushing for a style book. We're NOT looking for errors, but rather to get the point across. Some go a bit far, *cough* Evince for example, but even she wouldn't make those type of error in formal writing I'm just about sure.

I certainly don't 'catch' most of my errors, but it's nearly a ritual that I hit 'post quick' or 'submit' and first glance through I catch several errors. Mostly I edit, sometimes don't.

Tell me 'to find the correct usage?' Yeah, nailed.

I wouldn't be so sure about Evince.

This should sort the men/women out from the boys/girls.

http://www.blogthings.com/theitsitstheretheirtheyrequiz/

eElv5vb.png

:indeed:

11/11.

But on this question, I've heard many people say "must of" instead of "must have".

[SIZE=+1]6. [/SIZE] John is over two hours late already, He ___________ missed the bus again.
should have
must have
will have

They could've been making a contraction out of it....which is popular in Pennsylvania Dutch country..."must've" is the way I suppose it would be written.

In my neck of the "woots", Dat's chust the dialect, donchaknow....

Back