The Law vs. the Gospel

Care4all,

Yes, I do belive the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are One. But there are also false religions and false gods. If someone claims to love God, but rejects Christ, they're following a different god -- not the Christian God.

I think we will be surprised on judgement day. I believe there will be some Muslims, Buddhists and others in Heaven, who accepted Christ but, for some reason or another, held onto their religion. But here it is important to recognize there is NO other path to salvation apart from Jesus Christ. If someone rejects Jesus Christ, they are condemned (according to Christ). This has nothing to do with "judging" them; it is simply acknowledging a Biblical fact. :)

But those that have not had the chance to hear the Gospel and know the Gospel, yet also have faith in God will be judged on their Faith and works, by Christ on Judgement Day...imo...

I disagree. 1 Thessalonians 1:5 (NIV) says, the "gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction." People are not converted by our words; they're converted by the Spirit of God. Based on this, I believe God reveals Himself to all of mankind. This is why there will be no excuses on judgement day.

And also note, since Christ is who gives judgement to all individuals that have lived on earth, no matter WHAT your religion or non religion has been, then it is ONLY up to Christ, to determine each individual's fate...are they writen in to the book of life or not.... So even those that have never professed a faith will be judged by Him, and I believe that he will judge their hearts and determine, as I said, their fate.

I agree it is ultimately up to God, and I trust His judgement. But, Care4all, I can only believe in what the Bible says, and the Bible says only believers are going to Heaven.

So, if Christ determines that they will have everlasting life and be with the Father, then it FULFILLS the Scripture that says no one gets to the Father but THORUGH ME, (Christ)....because even non believers will go through Christ on judgement day to "get there" imho.

Jesus said, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." How could I possibly reach any other conclusion than faith is required for salvation? Some people are going to hell, Care4all. There is nothing wrong with recognizing this fact; it's Biblical.

Of course, I am not going to tell a person individually, "you're going to hell." But I WILL speak out what the Bible says regarding salvation, and the truth of the matter is, Jesus Christ is "the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through [Him]." :)

Last edited:
You don't believe in God, Brent, you believe in hate, and your misinterpretation of God is just a stepway to that. You're an atheist, even more of an atheist than I am, and God, if there is one, cries for you.

Back