The Mighty Church of "O"...

What is the story? What is the lesson?
The lesson is to be good and true, to stand for your various obligations and to remain true to your religion because sooner or later all will die.

The lesson of the First degree is that of Charity.

The symbolism of the Second Degree teaches a man to think, work, study and earn his wages. He is taught to develop his own mind, to have his own thoughts, and to seek wisdom.

The third degree is a reminder of the last step that we will take....

Of course each have other symbolic meanings, but these are the main themes that are contained in the degrees.

An oath is not a story. And it must be pretty serious if they only accept theists based on the premise that an atheist can't be trusted cuz he has no god.
No, an Oath is simply the "So help me God" part.

Again, the distinction is important. While your obligation is considered binding by yourself, the pentalty is allegorical and meant to teach you something.

An oath is not a story. And it must be pretty serious if they only accept theists based on the premise that an atheist can't be trusted cuz he has no god.
No, because the Oath wouldn't be considered binding. "So help me God and keep me steadfast in the due performance of the same." is not binding to those who have no belief in God.

I have just never understood why people seek belief through other people. What I believe comes from me. I just use my head and the best information I can currently find.
None of the best information I can find has ever lead me to believe there were magic people in the sky.

Im so tired of people who believe in magic people in the sky trying to get us walking the earth to hate each other under the diguise of religion. If the magic people in the sky believers would use their brains for a minute and look to the best information that we can currently find at the momment it would point to some political idiot is trying to manipulate you with hate speach like the video above.

I have just never understood why people seek belief through other people. What I believe comes from me. I just use my head and the best information I can currently find.
None of the best information I can find has ever lead me to believe there were magic people in the sky.

Im so tired of people who believe in magic people in the sky trying to get us walking the earth to hate each other under the diguise of religion. If the magic people in the sky believers would use their brains for a minute and look to the best information that we can currently find at the momment it would point to some political idiot is trying to manipulate you with hate speach like the video above.

Yes. I find it especially hilarious that masonry considers someone who DOESN'T believe in magic people to be incapable of making a promise.

Yes. I find it especially hilarious that masonry considers someone who DOESN'T believe in magic people to be incapable of making a promise.
Right because people who make promises to beings they consider "fictional" always keep those promises.

I think you have to believe in at least one supreme being. So, no a true atheist is not allowed into the illumaniti.

Right because people who make promises to beings they consider "fictional" always keep those promises.

Some people understand that keeping promises is a measure of trustiworthiness and character, regardless of the existence of magic people in the sky.

Some people understand that keeping promises is a measure of trustiworthiness and character, regardless of the existence of magic people in the sky.
And some understand that promises to fictional characters are not binding. And sometimes tradition becomes important to old farts.

And some understand that promises to fictional characters are not binding. And sometimes tradition becomes important to old farts.

The oath should be updated then.
As it is, this stipulation guarantees the dumbing down of masonry. It's an idiocy requirement.

The oath should be updated then.
As it is, this stipulation guarantees the dumbing down of masonry. It's an idiocy requirement.
What you think "should" happen is of very little consequence to old men steeped in tradition and a belief in their religion.

But heck you can try to "Oprah" up Freemasonry and make them accept all beliefs as "equally valid and right", but first you would have to become a member to make a difference. As it stands right now, the tradition of keeping Atheists out will continue so long as you aren't there to change things by voting at the Grand Lodge meetings.

What you think "should" happen is of very little consequence to old men steeped in tradition and a belief in their religion.

Obviously. These brainwashed old fucks have been ruining the world for a while now.

They and their stupidity should be ignored.

Obviously. These brainwashed old fucks have been ruining the world for a while now.

They and their stupidity should be ignored.
LOL. Ignoring them "should" be done, but you can't stand their existence so much you have to spend hours telling me all about it.

As I said:

Heck you can try to "Oprah" up Freemasonry and make them accept all beliefs as "equally valid and right", but first you would have to become a member to make a difference. As it stands right now, the tradition of keeping Atheists out will continue so long as you aren't there to change things by voting at the Grand Lodge meetings.

Of course, your attempt to convince me that I am stupid because I believe something tends to make me believe you are more upset because you can't join than because you think they run the planet.

LOL. Ignoring them "should" be done, but you can't stand their existence so much you have to spend hours telling me all about it.

As I said:

Heck you can try to "Oprah" up Freemasonry and make them accept all beliefs as "equally valid and right", but first you would have to become a member to make a difference. As it stands right now, the tradition of keeping Atheists out will continue so long as you aren't there to change things by voting at the Grand Lodge meetings.

Of course, your attempt to convince me that I am stupid because I believe something tends to make me believe you are more upset because you can't join than because you think they run the planet.

Im fine with their existence, just like Im fine with the existence of special needs children.

LOL.

Mr. AssHatZombie:
...I see. Well, of course, this is just the sort of blinkered philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage. You sit there on your loathsome spotty behinds squeezing blackheads, not caring a tinker's cuss for the struggling artist. You excrement, you whining hypocritical toadies with your colour TV sets and your Tony Jacklin golf clubs and your bleeding masonic secret handshakes. You wouldn't let me join, would you, you blackballing bastards. Well I wouldn't become a Freemason now if you went down on your lousy stinking knees and begged me.

Client 2:
We're sorry you feel that way, but we did want a block of flats, nice though the abattoir is.

Mr. AssHatZombie:
Oh sod the abattoir, that's not important.

(He dashes forward and kneels in front of them)

But if any of you could put in a word for me I'd love to be a mason. Masonry opens doors. I'd be very quiet, I was a bit on edge just now but if I were a mason I'd sit at the back and not get in anyone's way.

Client 1:
(politely) Thank you.

Mr. AssHatZombie:
...I've got a second-hand apron.

Client 2:
Thank you.

(Mr. AssHatZombie hurries to the door but stops...)

Mr. AssHatZombie:
I nearly got in at Hendon.

Client 1:
Thank you.

(Mr. AssHatZombie exits. Mr Tid rises.)

Back