The NASCAR Season Starts

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Trying to watch the Nationwide race but after the 20 minute Danica commercial I had to go throw up. Though I have to admit her driving for JR Motorsports is a good match as her and Dale are the two most over rated drivers in motorsports.

Trying to watch the Nationwide race but after the 20 minute Danica commercial I had to go throw up. Though I have to admit her driving for JR Motorsports is a good match as her and Dale are the two most over rated drivers in motorsports.

How true, two drivers that can't win but sure can sell, LOL, Hendrick can smell a gold mine from a mile away

WOW you weren't kidding, I am 54 mins into the race and I think 53 mins was dedicated threw commercials and announcer to Danica, LOL

Yea what burns my ass is I used to live next door to Sarah Fisher's grandparents and watched her grow up in the sport and given equal equipment on an oval track she'd eat Danica's lunch. Most the women I know who are involved in SCAA roll there eyes when Danica's name is mentioned. She gets to much attention and sponsorship for looking good in leather and not for what she's done on the track.

Yea what burns my ass is I used to live next door to Sarah Fisher's grandparents and watched her grow up in the sport and given equal equipment on an oval track she'd eat Danica's lunch. Most the women I know who are involved in SCAA roll there eyes when Danica's name is mentioned. She gets to much attention and sponsorship for looking good in leather and not for what she's done on the track.

Agreed. Let her earn the attention through her driving skill, not endorsements. In start contrast, Ashley Force concentrates on her driving and has improved tremendously and earned a lot of respect in the process.

But she sells, same as Jr. like him or hate him he sells, that is why both Danica and Jr. are under Hendricks thumb, he knows how to make money

As for Danica's ability to drive, LOL, what ability , I just watched her wreck, of course the announcers said she had no where to go, but the drivers in front of her had the good sense to go down pit lane, she drove straight into it, LOL, glad she is only driving a few races this year or I might have to turn off the Danica show

Hey did you guys manage to get that far into a NASCAR race?

I've just seen the headlines today, and all the sickening Danica sponsor ads over the past few weeks.

Ashley Force Hood is a Funnycar (NHRA drag racing) driver. As this is a sport that we're actually involved in, I do watch that.

Agreed. Let her earn the attention through her driving skill, not endorsements. In start contrast, Ashley Force concentrates on her driving and has improved tremendously and earned a lot of respect in the process.
Not only that, and I know this isn't relevant (maybe?) but Ashley is hotter than Danica too!

It's a shame, She's probably going to be the first woman in any major sport to win a championship on an even playing field with men and it's not going to get the attention it deserves.

I like what Fisher is doing. Couldn't get the sponsorship so lavishly poured by the media on Danica so she starts her own team, puts everything she owns on the line, nearly goes bankrupt in the process and perseveres to grow her own team and brand. She's a hell of a role model and I think her and Ashley are the two drivers most respected by their peers and women, in the sport.

But she sells, same as Jr. like him or hate him he sells, that is why both Danica and Jr. are under Hendricks thumb, he knows how to make money

As for Danica's ability to drive, LOL, what ability , I just watched her wreck, of course the announcers said she had no where to go, but the drivers in front of her had the good sense to go down pit lane, she drove straight into it, LOL, glad she is only driving a few races this year or I might have to turn off the Danica show
Oh I don't think you can argue that she's not good for the sport. She's increasing interest and putting asses in seats. That's a good thing. But good grief! Spare me the hype. She's a solid young race care drive with a lot of potential and a lot to prove. I think it's important to remember that she hasn't had the on track success of an Ashley Force.

Hey did you guys manage to get that far into a NASCAR race?
You'd have to go see one. All motor sport events lose a lot in translation on TV. You lose the perception of power and speed. Those cars go by you faster than you can turn your head. It's truely amazing how those drivers drive those cars, on the edge and in traffic, at the speeds they do.

BTW, 3D....this is Ashley Force
frce_812572388.jpg

Oh I don't think you can argue that she's not good for the sport. She's increasing interest and putting asses in seats. That's a good thing. But good grief! Spare me the hype. She's a solid young race care drive with a lot of potential and a lot to prove. I think it's important to remember that she hasn't had the on track success of an Ashley Force.

I just finished watching the race and you can guess who is on, Danica, No I don't think she can drive and no I am not sure she is good for the sport, there are 42 other drivers on that track, and most of them have some talent, there were 5 other drivers starting today for the first time, people will get sick of the Danica show just as they did the Jr. show, If they would leave her alone and let her race and learn she may very well become something, but the media ruined Jr. and are well on there way with Danica, Tony Stewart said it best when he asked a reporter if he was lost then told him Danica was down the garage a bit , he said he was shocked to be interviewed being Danica was there

Matt Kenseth isknow being interviewed , lol, his first comment was ya'll did a lousy job today Danica wrecked, LOL,

As for Ashley she is great and I wish her the best, and yes she will win a championship very soon

BTW, 3D....this is Ashley Force
frce_812572388.jpg

Cute. I'd like her better if she didn't have a t-shirt underneith that jacket.

Also, I've always figured a NASCAR race would be more enjoyable live, just as I wouldn't watch a horserace (minus the Triple Crown tracks) on TV, but the atmosphere is fun when you go to Emerald Downs, or whatever track is near you...

That said, its NASCAR.

Cute. I'd like her better if she didn't have a t-shirt underneith that jacket.

Also, I've always figured a NASCAR race would be more enjoyable live, just as I wouldn't watch a horserace (minus the Triple Crown tracks) on TV, but the atmosphere is fun when you go to Emerald Downs, or whatever track is near you...

That said, its NASCAR.

She doesn't drive in NASCAR, she's a drag racer, and an extremely good one.

I just finished watching the race and you can guess who is on, Danica, No I don't think she can drive and no I am not sure she is good for the sport, there are 42 other drivers on that track, and most of them have some talent, there were 5 other drivers starting today for the first time, people will get sick of the Danica show just as they did the Jr. show, If they would leave her alone and let her race and learn she may very well become something, but the media ruined Jr. and are well on there way with Danica, Tony Stewart said it best when he asked a reporter if he was lost then told him Danica was down the garage a bit , he said he was shocked to be interviewed being Danica was there

Matt Kenseth isknow being interviewed , lol, his first comment was ya'll did a lousy job today Danica wrecked, LOL,

As for Ashley she is great and I wish her the best, and yes she will win a championship very soon
Yea I caught Kenseth's comment. LOL He said it with a straight face and the reporters didn't get the joke. I about covered the TV with beer foam when he said that!

Back