The NASCAR Season Starts

A kind where cars get sponsored by Clark Kent?

It's very helpful to have sponsors, even at the amateur level; even there it's very expensive. The cost per run for top fuel racers like the Forces, Schumachers, etc., is staggering.

It's very helpful to have sponsors, even at the amateur level; even there it's very expensive. The cost per run for top fuel racers like the Forces, Schumachers, etc., is staggering.

Yeah, I've been discovering lately, the kinds of small things that actually require sponsors. For example, engineering students doing senior design, need to go out and seek sponsors in order to pay for the expenses of their materials. That one kinda surprised me (I have lots of engineering friends)!!

I had a sponsor when I was an amature road racer. I couldn't afford to buy a $4,000 bike every year. Down side was I had to give the bike back after the racing season.

Mott how much does a good bike cost ?
Road Bikes? Top end racing bikes with Campy Record or Shimano Dura-Ace are typically $5,000 to $7,000. There are some high end racing bikes for time trialing in the $12,000 to $20,000 range.

But for a tourist or cycling enthusiast you can get a good bike new for around $1,000 to $1200. I wouldn't go lower then that cause your probably going to get a heavy or harsh riding frame with crappy components.

I just recently got a used Schwinn Paramount that sold for around $1,500 in 1992 for $350 off of Ebay. I use it for commuting to work in the warm weather months. I wouldn't buy a used road bike unless you know someone who's knowledgeable and knows what good equipment is and how to fit a bike. If you know a cyclist who can help you, used is the way to go if your just starting.

Road Bikes? Top end racing bikes with Campy Record or Shimano Dura-Ace are typically $5,000 to $7,000. There are some high end racing bikes for time trialing in the $12,000 to $20,000 range.

But for a tourist or cycling enthusiast you can get a good bike new for around $1,000 to $1200. I wouldn't go lower then that cause your probably going to get a heavy or harsh riding frame with crappy components.

I just recently got a used Schwinn Paramount that sold for around $1,500 in 1992 for $350 off of Ebay. I use it for commuting to work in the warm weather months. I wouldn't buy a used road bike unless you know someone who's knowledgeable and knows what good equipment is and how to fit a bike. If you know a cyclist who can help you, used is the way to go if your just starting.

I asked cause it has been a while since I had bought a decent bike, and back then they were getting pricey

Thanks for the info

Back