The Offical Gun Thread

I'm surprised they "let you" own all that in Detroit. The City government must be chompin' at the bit to take them from you. :pke:

The Draganov my buddy lets me shoot is accurate beyond my personal capabilities - and I am no slouch. Then again he doesn't use surplus ammo in it. I get about 0.8 MOA on average, 0.7 on a good day. My buddy, being a genuine USMC trained sniper, does a bit better, and takes the rifle to its performance limit, getting 0.6 consistently, 0.5 on a good day. He can get 0.3 MOA out of his .50, while I remain at about 0.7.

I do not know if he modified his drag or not, but it's a good possibility - trigger at the very least. He's all about tweeking a firearm to it's absolute maximum. Me, I just like shooting - my carbine is still my favorite plinker. Not all that accurate (but does OK for its operational range) but fun as hell.
That is one significant difference that I've heard, is the trigger. My PSL has a non standard stage 2 trigger, to replace the shitty factory one. I fancy myself a very good shot as well (multiple award rifle expert), but normally I just plink. I'd like to get into 3 gun, but nowhere close by does it.

So I ordered a Norinco 1887 copy from Buds. Damn them and their selection of nearly everything I want. Now I can't decide what should go with it. A Norinco 1897 trench gun copy, or a Saiga 12. Help me decide fellow posters!

So I ordered a Norinco 1887 copy from Buds. Damn them and their selection of nearly everything I want. Now I can't decide what should go with it. A Norinco 1897 trench gun copy, or a Saiga 12. Help me decide fellow posters!

Both look like a lotta fun. The 1897 is cool. But the Saiga 12 is a kickass shotgun that seems more like your style.

Clip fed 12 ga? Sounds like a serious destructive force.

Fill one clip with these and have fun:

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catal...me-thrower-ammo/cName/12-gauge-specialty-ammo

Yeah, if I got the Saiga, I'd convert it back to it's AK configuration. But the 1897 can mount a bayonette.

Hopefully you don't ever have a bad enough day that you actually need to use the bayonet...
Yeah, anything that can take 6 12ga slugs and keep coming probably isn't gonna be stopped by being stabbed. But it certainly is cool.

91fdf65f303b0307ba2e017ee36dea23.jpg

Yeah, anything that can take 6 12ga slugs and keep coming probably isn't gonna be stopped by being stabbed. But it certainly is cool.

91fdf65f303b0307ba2e017ee36dea23.jpg

Have a few of the incendiary or flame thrower 12 ga shells, for the last volley before bayoneting.

Yeah, If I'm going to be fighting multiple targets, a pump isn't going to be my first pick. My FS2000 or my AK however....

Got my 1887 today, pictures soon to follow. But overall this gun is beautiful. I've read a lot of reviews saying that it was a disliked design at the time, due to being slower than a pump. Huh? This is almost as fast as my auto, at least to me. Not to mention it balances nearly perfectly. I could almost shoot it one handed, if I also wanted to test it as a new facial accessory. And it's been modified to allow two shells in the carrier/receiver. So I have a 7 shot, well balances, fast as hell, shotgun. Tits.

Got my 1887 today, pictures soon to follow. But overall this gun is beautiful. I've read a lot of reviews saying that it was a disliked design at the time, due to being slower than a pump. Huh? This is almost as fast as my auto, at least to me. Not to mention it balances nearly perfectly. I could almost shoot it one handed, if I also wanted to test it as a new facial accessory. And it's been modified to allow two shells in the carrier/receiver. So I have a 7 shot, well balances, fast as hell, shotgun. Tits.

Very cool.

picture.php

Back