The Oscars...

What is this fascination with UP everyone seems to have?

I have seen it, and it was alright, nothing I'd waste time watching over and over.

I didn't think it was as good as Wall-E or even the Incredibles.

And The Hurt Locker is going to get the best pic nod...
It was the best Disney flick ever. Bar none.

Up was definitely better than Wall-E.

The two little robot leads in Wall-E brought more humanity to the screen in one scene together, than those whiny, self-absorbed old men did in the entire movie UP.

But I figured out why people like UP more...it's because of the backstory in Wall-E that a corporation ruined the Earth. Any good little capitalist knows that ain't right.

The two little robot leads in Wall-E brought more humanity to the screen in one scene together, than those whiny, self-absorbed old men did in the entire movie UP.

But I figured out why people like UP more...it's because of the backstory in Wall-E that a corporation ruined the Earth. Any good little capitalist knows that ain't right.

Damo has a little bit of that in him, but that's not why I like Up better. If anything, I think the backstory of Wall-E would bias it a little in my eyes, and I still choose Up.

Damo has a little bit of that in him, but that's not why I like Up better. If anything, I think the backstory of Wall-E would bias it a little in my eyes, and I still choose Up.

Despite it's preachy storyline, I think Wall-E is more creative storytelling.

Almost no dialogue for the first 30 minutes. Unheard of in modern cinema.

Plus, I'm slightly biased because my 3 year old daughter LOVES it!

I liked Wall-E... It grew on me the second time I watched it, but UP was far better. Both of them try to teach you something, but that doesn't necessarily ruin a movie. Lethal Weapon IV did it too much and was the worst of the four, but it was still fun to watch (for instance.)

Anyway... UP beats Wall-E and should, IMO, get the best picture nod this year. I know it will go to some drama (my guess is "Precious") but it should go to UP.

I liked Wall-E... It grew on me the second time I watched it, but UP was far better. Both of them try to teach you something, but that doesn't necessarily ruin a movie. Lethal Weapon IV did it too much and was the worst of the four, but it was still fun to watch (for instance.)

Anyway... UP beats Wall-E and should, IMO, get the best picture nod this year. I know it will go to some drama (my guess is "Precious") but it should go to UP.

Being the gigantic Sci-Fi nerd that I am, I'd LIKE to see District 9 get the win, but I know that isn't ever going to happen. I haven't seen Precious, but it's got words like "heavy-handed" and "saccharine sweet" attached, so that might be a problem for some judges. Of the movies I have seen that have a real chance...I think the Hurt Locker should win.

I'm just baiting you. I'm actually downloading the movie right now.

But I still don't really like movies that glorify vengeance. But, I've never seen the movie to tell one way or the other how it could be taken.

There were Jewish groups who expressed concern that the audience might possibly sympathize with the SS Colonel, Hans Landa, because actor Christoph Waltz does such a kick-ass job in the role. Its a bizarre concern, but Waltz did do a kick-ass job in the role.

Being the gigantic Sci-Fi nerd that I am, I'd LIKE to see District 9 get the win, but I know that isn't ever going to happen. I haven't seen Precious, but it's got words like "heavy-handed" and "saccharine sweet" attached, so that might be a problem for some judges. Of the movies I have seen that have a real chance...I think the Hurt Locker should win.

Have you not seen Moon?

Back