The racist history of Chinese restaurants in the US

The Chinese exclusion act was a truly horriffic law. So was the immigration law of 1924 that idiots like Jeff Sessions constantly praise, seriously the worst law ever passed in the history of the US. Directly lead to the holocaust and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as well, when Jews were forced to immigrate to Palestine as America shut its doors to eastern europeans.

Last month I looked up articles on immigration in NYT around that period to figure out what went wrong in the minds of Americans at that time. Surprisingly, there was almost no controversy over the law. People all of the sudden decided that eastern europeans were subhumans and didn't belong in the US. The only protest I could find was from a Jewish group (Jews have always on the right side of history). I'm glad we're fighting back against them this time.

Last edited:
I thought that people might find it interesting from an historical perspective.
I hate to break it to you Tom but the Chinese exclusion act is something that's commonly taught in middle school American history classes and is something most people know about. Along with the Japanese concentration camps during WWII.

I hate to break it to you Tom but the Chinese exclusion act is something that's commonly taught in middle school American history classes and is something most people know about. Along with the Japanese concentration camps during WWII.

Mott, I think Havana Loon is from Britain or someplace on the other side of the Planet. Probably has no idea that Chinese Labor was imported to the US to build the Railroads in the 1800s.

"Chinese immigration and the Transcontinental railroad"
https://www.uscitizenship.info/Chinese-immigration-and-the-Transcontinental-railroad/

Mott, I think Havana Loon is from Britain or someplace on the other side of the Planet. Probably has no idea that Chinese Labor was imported to the US to build the Railroads in the 1800s.

"Chinese immigration and the Transcontinental railroad"
https://www.uscitizenship.info/Chinese-immigration-and-the-Transcontinental-railroad/

No mush, I knew that already. The Chinese were treated like shit by ruthless bosses yet you rarely hear anybody moaning about it.

Mott and I go a long way back, we know all about each other, so screw you very much. You've only been here five minutes and you think you know everything.

Last edited:

I doubt that you hated it, quite the opposite in fact. So did they also teach you that's the reason what there's so many Chinese restaurants?

By the way, my local supermarket has just started selling Maker's Mark!

No mush, I knew that already. The Chinese were treated like shit by ruthless bosses yet you rarely hear anybody moaning about it. Mott and I go a long way back, we know all about each other, so screw you very much.

History is filled with one group subjugating the next group. Maybe you should stick to explaining why in this day and age, Welsh, Scots, English, Irish quibble with each other like 12th century primitive tribal groups?

Jack...Tom...as he's known...is definately from England. I don't believe he's that unread on US history.

:) You can read a lot, but still not understand the Culture and attitude of a Country. WASPs came here and settled the country, they shit on everybody else. What else is new?

I doubt that you hated it, quite the opposite in fact. So did they also teach you that's the reason what there's so many Chinese restaurants?

By the way, my local supermarket has just started selling Maker's Mark!

No...but they did teach us that most Chinese Restaurants don't sell authentic Chinese food but crap that suits more western tastes.

Just curious....how much are they asking for a 750 mil bottle? It sells for around $25 USD here.

Back