The really horrible thing about Alzheimer's/Old Age

Hawkeye10

ButterMilk Man
Contributor
All the times I say to myself "GD IT....ten years ago I would have been faster most every time!".

Getting old is most certainly not for sissies.

A good part of my fabulous life is now over...make no mistakes here.

I will do my best to deal.

Life is Life.

Yeah, I'd like to re-live my life, for the most part. I'd change a few things, but damn, did I ever have a good time!

I am dealing with retirement now. Still trying to have fun and being successful - most of the time.

Yes, life goes on, even while hitting the "speed bumps" along the way.

Yeah, I'd like to re-live my life, for the most part. I'd change a few things, but damn, did I ever have a good time!

I am dealing with retirement now. Still trying to have fun and being successful - most of the time.

Yes, life goes on, even while hitting the "speed bumps" along the way.

WOW...this is an awesome post.

I might have been a little overly rough before.

My brother says that I dont play well with others, and while he is wrong, I know what he is talking about.

All the times I say to myself "GD IT....ten years ago I would have been faster most every time!".

Getting old is most certainly not for sissies.

I'm gonna turn 84 next week.

Yeah, there are some rough spots...but all-in-all, I'm still having an enjoyable life. Goddam coronavirus has been screwing with it a bit, but I figure I will get through this.

Yeah, there are some rough spots...but all-in-all, I'm still having an enjoyable life. Goddam coronavirus has been screwing with it a bit, but I figure I will get through this.

Hey FRANK!

About 15 seconds too late do you figure out what you should have just said or the spice that you should have put into the pot on the stove but you went in the wrong direction?

And do you then remember how you used to be better?

I reckon older people, if reasonably fit, are able to deal with the lurgy-crisis better than most, though I think the young are being penalised pretty thoroughly for not being of pensionable age. I have a suspicion that the older generations voted heavily for Brexit and Trump, however, so I think we'll deserve the inevitable reaction to our relaxed life.

Last edited:
Hey FRANK!

About 15 seconds too late do you figure out what you should have just said or the spice that you should have put into the pot on the stove but you went in the wrong direction?

And do you then remember how you used to be better?

Yo, Hawk,

I make memory mistakes often...and laugh at them.

There are many ways I was "better" back when I was younger.

There are many ways were I am "better" now that I am older.

I reckon older people, if reasonably fit, are able to deal with the lurgy-crisis better than most, though I think the young are being penalised pretty thoroughly for not being of pensionable age. I have a suspicion that the older generations voted heavily for Brexit and Trump, however, so I think we'll deserve the inevitable reaction to our relaxed life.

My "pension" is tiny...but I get by, Pen.

Never in a million years would I ever have voted for Brexit. Dumbest thing the UK has done in a very, very long time.

Never in 10 billion years would I ever voted for Trump...that miserable, ignorant, stupid, classless boor we Americans presently have as president.

Yo, Hawk,

I make memory mistakes often...and laugh at them.

There are many ways I was "better" back when I was younger.

There are many ways were I am "better" now that I am older.

I hear you....and I should have said that myself.

But this 15 seconds to late my brain gets there thing really annoys me.

Getting older is not great but the alternative is less so.

I was a live hard and die young guy, I never expected to live to fifty....making it to almost 60 with the pain ramping up and the brain while still producing quality running slower is a kick in the head.

My "pension" is tiny...but I get by, Pen.

Never in a million years would I ever have voted for Brexit. Dumbest thing the UK has done in a very, very long time.

Never in 10 billion years would I ever voted for Trump...that miserable, ignorant, stupid, classless boor we Americans presently have as president.

We're at one on both of those. Make you wonder a bit about humanit though, don't they!

The single greatest horror of Alzheimer's is how it robs you of who you are and were. As we grow older, we turn to cherishing the life we lived though the memories of those we cared for while living. Friends, loved ones, children, grandchildren.

Alzheimer's robs you of all that. It also robs you of your dignity.

That is why the people who are around Joe Biden are committing a horrendous crime.

It is likely that I have never once agreed with Joe Biden and his world view. That does not change the fact that as an American, he had every right to hold those views and fight for them. He was wrong, but he had a right to be proud of who he was.

It is My belief that right now, if Joe was not in such a decline, that he would demand that the progression of his disease not be put on a world stage. He would be horrified, if he could, at his mental decline.

Joe Biden, if in a moment of mental acuity were asked if he would want to be displayed this way in front of the world, would decline to run for Office.

That those around him are pushing him to do this is criminal in My view.

The single greatest horror of Alzheimer's is how it robs you of who you are and were. As we grow older, we turn to cherishing the life we lived though the memories of those we cared for while living. Friends, loved ones, children, grandchildren.

Alzheimer's robs you of all that. It also robs you of your dignity.

That is why the people who are around Joe Biden are committing a horrendous crime.

It is likely that I have never once agreed with Joe Biden and his world view. That does not change the fact that as an American, he had every right to hold those views and fight for them. He was wrong, but he had a right to be proud of who he was.

It is My belief that right now, if Joe was not in such a decline, that he would demand that the progression of his disease not be put on a world stage. He would be horrified, if he could, at his mental decline.

Joe Biden, if in a moment of mental acuity were asked if he would want to be displayed this way in front of the world, would decline to run for Office.

That those around him are pushing him to do this is criminal in My view.

If Joe Biden actually had dementia (I don't think he does at all)...but if he did and it had progressed to what physicians might consider extreme...

...my guess is he would still make a better president than that piece of shit now polluting the Oval Office.

My view!

If Joe Biden actually had dementia (I don't think he does at all)...but if he did and it had progressed to what physicians might consider extreme...

...my guess is he would still make a better president than that piece of shit now polluting the Oval Office.

My view!
I see. So, what you are saying is that you have no political values, I'll refrain from comment on your ethical values until I know you better, other than you'll support anything as long as it isn't Trump.

Very shallow of you, indeed.

Back