The results of the Canadian election have been anulled

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
The Conservative party has been banned, the tyrant of the party of Evil is currently awaiting his execution, and Jack Layton has been pronounced Supreme Leader of Canada. All is well.

Most of the new NDP seats will, I imagine, be Quebec seats, because they cannibalized the separatists (who only have about 4 seats in parliament now). That means they didn't gain much in English Canada itself, while the Liberals just died, and are now worse off than the NDP was before the election.

Rumor has it (and I base this solely on what I want to be truth) is that conservatives won the day because of the long gun registry.

I honestly doubt it though, but I know it did affect some voters.

Most countries don't have elections obsessively dominated by fringe issues with little real effect like America does.

So they're the majority now?

Not now that I've annulled the election.

They've won 149 seats, need 5 to get a majority, and are currently leading in 16 undeclared seats. It's not imaginable that they won't get a majority - a majority for evil, for destruction, a majority against humanity and Canada.

Most countries don't have elections obsessively dominated by fringe issues with little real effect like America does.
Didn't think so, but you never know. What other issues could Canada have? They have universal healthcare, I guess moderate taxes, relatively stable economy, etc.

The Greens got a seat though. Their leader is kind of popular individually, but they basically don't have any other candidates as well liked as her. Last time she chose to run in a seat against the most popular Conservative besides Harper, and obviously got lost, but still got a surprising showing. This time around she ran in her home district and stomped the opposition.

Yup. And now they have the first Conservative to hold leadership for three consecutive terms since, gods... I don't know when. Certainly in my lifetime.

They held a lot of elections because they couldn't get a majority. The Progressive-Conservatives ruled for about a decade in the 80's and 90's. Then got reduced to 2 seats in 1994.

2008:

20100630152938!Canadian_Federal_election_2008_by_riding.svg

2011:

504px-Canada_fed_election_2011_results_by_riding.svg.png

Seems that losing control over the Toronto suburbs was what killed left. Conservatives gained 15 seats there, which sealed the election. Not due to any of their own effort, but due to the fact that NDP gains there weren't nearly as strong as in Quebec.

Back