The Righteous Brothers can cure all our racial problems!

I love watching all those "reaction videos" on YT. Much more more fun than watching the news. I remember seeing those 2 you posted. They're great. :good4u:

I love watching all those "reaction videos" on YT. Much more more fun than watching the news. I remember seeing those 2 you posted. They're great. :good4u:

Yep! Its nice to see something good and decent for a change.

LOL. You guys are still kids. My 1st "real" job at 18 was in NYC at Bachelor's III (Namath's place) as a bartender. My 2nd job at 19 was back home in Miami at
a lounge on Miami Beach where the greatest performers came, especially during the winter. Righteous Brothers, Wayne Cochran and the CC Riders,
The Platters, BB King, The Coasters, Bobby Rydell, Grand Funk Railroad. Place closed at 3a.m., staff and entertainers all starving, there was always 15 or 20
of us ready to go to the IHOP by the causeway. Bobby Hatfield & Bill Medley were 2 of the nicest guys, easy to talk to and laugh with. Good times. :good4u:

LOL. You guys are still kids. My 1st "real" job at 18 was in NYC at Bachelor's III (Namath's place) as a bartender. My 2nd job at 19 was back home in Miami at
a lounge on Miami Beach where the greatest performers came, especially during the winter. Righteous Brothers, Wayne Cochran and the CC Riders,
The Platters, BB King, The Coasters, Bobby Rydell, Grand Funk Railroad. Place closed at 3a.m., staff and entertainers all starving, there was always 15 or 20
of us ready to go to the IHOP by the causeway. Bobby Hatfield & Bill Medley were 2 of the nicest guys, easy to talk to and laugh with. Good times. :good4u:

You must have had a blast! Fantastic fun I bet,....thanks for the post and the background!

Wow, didn't you say that you worked at a Bunny Club as well?

Wow, didn't you say that you worked at a Bunny Club as well?

Yeah, at 20 at the one by the 79th St. Causeway. I applied, got hired, took the classes, got my suit and tail, worked 1 week and quit. I grew up a beach girl, feet-in-the-sand type,
those heels were killers to work in, quit and got a better gig across the street at a jazz club...real jazz, smoke-filled joint, bebop & cool jive. Bell bottoms & flowers in my hair, much better.
Miles, Bird, Coltrane, Monk.....found nirvana, LOL......always worked in jazz clubs after that. It was for the best. College classes by day (meteorology & geology), jazz by night.
Like cooooooooool man, you hip? LOL :cool:

Last edited:
Yeah, at 20 at the one by the 79th St. Causeway. I applied, got hired, took the classes, got my suit and tail, worked 1 week and quit. I grew up a beach girl, feet-in-the-sand type,
those heels were killers to work in, quit and got a better gig across the street at a jazz club...real jazz, smoke-filled joint, bebop & cool jive. Bell bottoms & flowers in my hair, much better.
Miles, Byrd, Coltrane, Monk.....found nirvana, LOL......always worked in jazz clubs after that. It was for the best. College classes by day (meteorology & geology), jazz by night.

No wonder the likes of Joanie hate you, you've led a truly remarkable life.

No wonder the likes of Joanie hate you, you've led a truly remarkable life.

You know what is? For better or worse I just hit the ground running 2 months after high school. I couldn't wait to do everything on my own. It was my parents' fault.
From age 12 on they taught me little by little about cooking, cleaning, how to change a tire, keep a checkbook register, pay for car & insurance, rent, electric bills, keep
doctor & dentist appointments, read maps, operate a boat, fishing...the value of keeping a tool kit, duct tape and WD 40 around for Pete's sake! LOL:laugh::laugh:
I don't think some of these 20-somethings out there now have any survival skills at all. JMHO.

Miles, Byrd, Coltrane, Monk.....found nirvana, LOL......always worked in jazz clubs after that. It was for the best. College classes by day (meteorology & geology), jazz by night.

What is there not to like about Stretch? Finestkind. Just finestkind.

LMAO! People start mentioning how phantasm is jealous of Stretch and BANG....just like that....the thread is moved. Gee,....I wonder WHO coulda dunnit? :laugh:

LMAO! People start mentioning how phantasm is jealous of Stretch and BANG....just like that....the thread is moved. Gee,....I wonder WHO coulda dunnit? :laugh:

HAH! No person should be "jealous" of another. Every life has a unique story. :cool:

Well, since the powers that be moved us to the outlands we may as well make the best of it.
My go-to reacter is Jamel. This young man has the most layback happy personality. He got
hooked on Led Zep and reacted to a dozen or more of their songs. I've always loved Led Zep,
but few people know about how their main inspiration was from American blues and jazz.
Here's a classic reaction from Jamel on You Shook Me. (written by Willie Dixon; later performed
by the great Muddy Waters). :cool:

Last edited:
Naturally younger Black people are going to identify with some of America's best Blue-Eyed soul there ever was.

They may have been just as impressed with Roy Hamilton's version of the song that hit the R & B charts as no. 1 back in 1955. The Righteous brothers did the song as a direct tribute to Roy Hamilton. Even though Bobby Hatfield was a very gifted singer, he had to rely on a false vibrato in his vocals as vocal chord vibrato (or natural vibrato such as Elvis had) is much harder to develop than vibrato brought about through the use of the diaphragm. BUT GREAT JOB By the famous Tenor Bobby Hatfield.

Back