The salvation experience has always puzzled me

I have never experienced anything approaching rapture or any other paranormal or supernatural experience in my life.

On the one hand, it's not my place to call anybody a liar.
I have no grounds for that.

On the other hand, it's pretty much impossible to believe that such experiences actually occur to anybody.
If you can't imagine it, it's hard to believe,

Honest answer! I wouldn't have been able to understand it in my mind,if it hadn't happened to me!

So does pot.

Pot smoke has a smell that would have been noticed. But if goodies were served...like brownies, it might have been pot.

Another thing about pot highs...they are shared with those who are not smoking. The euphoria highs are "contagious."

When I read the OP...pot was my first thought.

It would have been too obvious. It was a Christian camp for the deaf children. I was 9.

If it was pot, the euphoric feeling would have already started way before.

Okay...not pot.

Something else then.

You probably will never know.

Probably not but it does pose an interesting question as I have placed in the OP. I am sure you've seen the behaviors people displayed at those churches on TV. It has to be a drug or music induced behaviors.

I wish James Randi was alive so I'd ask him to investigate that part.

Probably not but it does pose an interesting question as I have placed in the OP. I am sure you've seen the behaviors people displayed at those churches on TV. It has to be a drug or music induced behaviors.

Is your friend James Randi dead,or just his flesh?

Exactly! When you least expect it, that's when it happens.

"Faith", Mason, is the insistence that a particular belief is the truth...that it cannot be wrong.

A "belief" in the context here...is just a blind guess about an unknown.

So "faith" is merely the insistence that a blind guess...cannot be wrong.

All the accolades afforded "faith" are silly. It may not have anything to do with logic...but it has a lot to do with bullheadedness.

"Faith", Mason, is the insistence that a particular belief is the truth...that it cannot be wrong.

A "belief" in the context here...is just a blind guess about an unknown.

So "faith" is merely the insistence that a blind guess...cannot be wrong.

All the accolades afforded "faith" are silly. It may not have anything to do with logic...but it has a lot to do with bullheadedness.

Your definition of Faith,is the definition of blind faith.

Yeah, he probably would have lots of fun with it.

People can talk themselves into ecstasy...and into the behavior of ecstasy.

My definition of faith...is the definition of faith.

When talking about "faith" in a religious context...ALL FAITH is blind faith.

Of course that's how you see it,because you have no Faith!
I had this very discussion with a Priest when he tried to explain Faith to me. I couldn't see it or understand it,till I had a Epiphany.
Without Faith,you can't see understand Faith.

Of course that's how you see it,because you have no Faith!
I had this very discussion with a Priest when he tried to explain Faith to me. I couldn't see it or understand it,till I had a Epiphany.
Without Faith,you can't see understand Faith.

Your blind guess that there is a god...may be correct. Which means it also may not be correct.

Your "faith" is merely you insisting that the blind guess is correct.

Ya gotta think about it for a bit.

Back