The Self

Why. The idea of self as an abstraction can be a smorgasborg of exchange regarding many ideas such as metaphysics, biology, quantum mechanics, psychology, religion and spirtuality.

Surely you have an interest in at least one of those.

Why. The idea of self as an abstraction can be a smorgasborg of exchange regarding many ideas such as metaphysics, biology, quantum mechanics, psychology, religion and spirtuality.

Surely you have an interest in at least one of those.

I disagree. While I have an interest in many of the above, the abstraction of the self I find to be pointless and unrelated.

Umm waht does the abstraction of self have to do with Quantum Physics ?
For the mentally challenged please ? the rest of those things I can see, but not quantum physics ? Or are you saying your self can be expressed mathmatically ?

Umm waht does the abstraction of self have to do with Quantum Physics ?
For the mentally challenged please ? the rest of those things I can see, but not quantum physics ? Or are you saying your self can be expressed mathmatically ?
The connections of the universe to all things can be expressed mathematically. Thus your connection to the rest of the universe too can be expressed mathematically.

Here AHZ,

Read up...

http://www.nuclecu.unam.mx/~alberto/physics/string.html

The essential idea behind string theory is this: all of the different 'fundamental ' particles of the Standard Model are really just different manifestations of one basic object: a string. How can that be? Well, we would ordinarily picture an electron, for instance, as a point with no internal structure. A point cannot do anything but move. But, if string theory is correct, then under an extremely powerful 'microscope' we would realize that the electron is not really a point, but a tiny loop of string. A string can do something aside from moving--- it can oscillate in different ways. If it oscillates a certain way, then from a distance, unable to tell it is really a string, we see an electron. But if it oscillates some other way, well, then we call it a photon, or a quark, or a ... you get the idea. So, if string theory is correct, the entire world is made of strings!

Thought I'd help you out by pointing out a "thing" while speaking of string theory as well. This is a very elemental explanation offered on that website, it is far more complicated and very fascinating.

Here AHZ,

Read up...

http://www.nuclecu.unam.mx/~alberto/physics/string.html

Thought I'd help you out by pointing out a "thing" while speaking of string theory as well. This is a very elemental explanation offered on that website, it is far more complicated and very fascinating.

ok. I prefer the silly string theory, which says all twelve year olds are fascinated by compressed pink foam released through a small opening at high speeds!

I guess this could be true. Shit, I don't know.

ok. I prefer the silly string theory, which says all twelve year olds are fascinated by compressed pink foam released through a small opening at high speeds!

I guess this could be true. Shit, I don't know.
They have yet to create and test enough predictions to confidently understand all of the Unification Theory at this time. It is extremely promising and truly fascinating.

Back