The theory of everything Dude

LOL....

He be the man of this sorry generation...Dedication 'Surfers Rule'...Beach Boys to the new kid on the block! Rock on Lisi!:clink:

Surfer dude stuns physicists with theory of everything
By Roger Highfield, Science Editor
Last Updated: 6:01pm GMT 14/11/2007

An impoverished surfer has drawn up a new theory of the universe, seen by some as the Holy Grail of physics, which has received rave reviews from scientists.

Garrett Lisi, 39, has a doctorate but no university affiliation and spends most of the year surfing in Hawaii, where he has also been a hiking guide and bridge builder (when he slept in a jungle yurt).

In winter, he heads to the mountains near Lake Tahoe, Nevada, where he snowboards. "Being poor sucks," Lisi says. "It's hard to figure out the secrets of the universe when you're trying to figure out where you and your girlfriend are going to sleep next month."

Despite this unusual career path, his proposal is remarkable because, by the arcane standards of particle physics, it does not require highly complex mathematics.

Even better, it does not require more than one dimension of time and three of space, when some rival theories need ten or even more spatial dimensions and other bizarre concepts. And it may even be possible to test his theory, which predicts a host of new particles, perhaps even using the new Large Hadron Collider atom smasher that will go into action near Geneva next year.

Although the work of 39 year old Garrett Lisi still has a way to go to convince the establishment, let alone match the achievements of Albert Einstein, the two do have one thing in common: Einstein also began his great adventure in theoretical physics while outside the mainstream scientific establishment, working as a patent officer, though failed to achieve the Holy Grail, an overarching explanation to unite all the particles and forces of the cosmos.

Now Lisi, currently in Nevada, has come up with a proposal to do this. Lee Smolin at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, describes Lisi's work as "fabulous". "It is one of the most compelling unification models I've seen in many, many years," he says.

Why..............

;)
Surfer dude stuns physicists with theory of everything
By Roger Highfield, Science Editor
Last Updated: 6:01pm GMT 14/11/2007

An impoverished surfer has drawn up a new theory of the universe, seen by some as the Holy Grail of physics, which has received rave reviews from scientists.

Garrett Lisi, 39, has a doctorate but no university affiliation and spends most of the year surfing in Hawaii, where he has also been a hiking guide and bridge builder (when he slept in a jungle yurt).

Did you repost your #1 post again?...never mind ya are from 'Lost Wages' Kalifornias smoking zone...I am begining to wonder about all you Las Vegas guys and gals...brain damage comes to mind...

In winter, he heads to the mountains near Lake Tahoe, Nevada, where he snowboards. "Being poor sucks," Lisi says. "It's hard to figure out the secrets of the universe when you're trying to figure out where you and your girlfriend are going to sleep next month."

Despite this unusual career path, his proposal is remarkable because, by the arcane standards of particle physics, it does not require highly complex mathematics.

Even better, it does not require more than one dimension of time and three of space, when some rival theories need ten or even more spatial dimensions and other bizarre concepts. And it may even be possible to test his theory, which predicts a host of new particles, perhaps even using the new Large Hadron Collider atom smasher that will go into action near Geneva next year.

Although the work of 39 year old Garrett Lisi still has a way to go to convince the establishment, let alone match the achievements of Albert Einstein, the two do have one thing in common: Einstein also began his great adventure in theoretical physics while outside the mainstream scientific establishment, working as a patent officer, though failed to achieve the Holy Grail, an overarching explanation to unite all the particles and forces of the cosmos.

Now Lisi, currently in Nevada, has come up with a proposal to do this. Lee Smolin at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, describes Lisi's work as "fabulous". "It is one of the most compelling unification models I've seen in many, many years," he says.

This is soo very funny!:cof1:

I think it is just an example of how science works. Its just too cool to see the power of Ideas and how they speak for themselves.

Okee Dokee then.............

I think it is just an example of how science works. Its just too cool to see the power of Ideas and how they speak for themselves.

This surely explains why y'all in Vegas continue to support Harry...;)

And here I thought this was going to be a thread about Einstein.
albert-einstein-1.jpg

You must be..............

Harry has done a good job of representing Nevada for years. The majority agrees.

Realitively new to Nevada...Harry did a fine job...decades ago...now he is just senile...and grasping for votes from Vegas! He is way past due to retire!

side note: Yes Harry has the majority of LV liberals...however Nevada is mostly conservative...from the get go!

Last edited:
According to a couple of segemnts on PBS. Hispanics are the majority in NV.
And they were talking about those who voted, or could vote.

Me thinks Garrett hit his head on too many pier poles while surfing Redondo!:cof1:

I don't think you appreciate the ramifications of this. It will be very interesting when the theory is tested.

This theory is different than string theory or M theory in that it makes specific testable predictions. I'm very excited about it.

String theory thus far has only a theoretical test that is possible, but that test can only indirectly determine if the conditions are proper for the theory to advance, and not a test of the theory itself.

This actually is very interesting and exciting shit.

Okay...........

I don't think you appreciate the ramifications of this. It will be very interesting when the theory is tested.

This theory is different than string theory or M theory in that it makes specific testable predictions. I'm very excited about it.

String theory thus far has only a theoretical test that is possible, but that test can only indirectly determine if the conditions are proper for the theory to advance, and not a test of the theory itself.

This actually is very interesting and exciting shit.

a comedian I am not...I was just having a little fun...too much negative crap went on today...I agree it is a interesting theory...kay!

Back