The wait is over here they come.

Shea is not a baseball stadium.

Totally irrelevent info from the Mets website (emphasis added)
The architectural firm of Praeger-Kavanagh-Waterbury designed the stadium to be the first all-purpose facility capable of hosting baseball and football games, seating 55,300 for baseball and 60,000 for the New York Jets football team.

I used to go to see Jets games there during the depressing Richard Todd era.

Let me ask you this: When they played football in this multi-use or all-purpose facility, did they play football with the bare ground where the bases, baselines, pitchers mound and home plate were exposed? Or did they play baseball with all those things covered in grass? Or did they even bring grass in to cover all those things over for football at all?

It might have been called an "all-purpose stadium" but like all the "all-purpose stadiums" built during that earlier period Baseball was obviously the dominant sport. And whether or not it was an "all-purpose stadium" it was not a "football stadium" it was at best an "all-purpose stadium" where football was played. Since the attack was against "football stadiums" and New York has never had a "football stadium" then the threat of the attacks could not have been credible.

I rest my case!!!!!

Let me ask you this: When they played football in this multi-use or all-purpose facility, did they play football with the bare ground where the bases, baselines, pitchers mound and home plate were exposed? Or did they play baseball with all those things covered in grass? Or did they even bring grass in to cover all those things over for football at all?

It might have been called an "all-purpose stadium" but like all the "all-purpose stadiums" built during that earlier period Baseball was obviously the dominant sport. And whether or not it was an "all-purpose stadium" it was not a "football stadium" it was at best an "all-purpose stadium" where football was played. Since the attack was against "football stadiums" and New York has never had a "football stadium" then the threat of the attacks could not have been credible.

I rest my case!!!!!

LOL

You're such a man.

I'm going to give lessons to men on how to say "I was wrong'. It's a good thing for you all to learn, because even if you're not often wrong out here, and you specifically aren't often wrong out here, you can ALL use the lesson, because you're all usually wrong in your dealings and miscommunications with women!

I rest my case!!!!!
Ah, but more history comes in. When the design was commissioned, the Jets were committed to go into the new stadium. NYC did not have a National league baseball team at that time - the Mets franchise had not yet been awarded. The first 'inhabitant' signed on the bottomline and committed to reside in Shea was a pro Football team. Neither design nor construction would have commenced without this commitment from pro Football, so baseball's 'dominance' is a non-factor. It is a football stadium with baseball capability tacked on, thus reducing it to the lowly status of "all-purpose facility."

Technically true, NYC has never had a Pro Football stadium solely for football. Columbia U has a football stadium in Manhattan, and Fordham in the Bronx. Both college stadia are within the bounds of NYC, but in fairness your previous posts did say "Pro Football" while here you omitted the "Pro" part.

Ah, but more history comes in. When the design was commissioned, the Jets were committed to go into the new stadium. NYC did not have a National league baseball team at that time - the Mets franchise had not yet been awarded. The first 'inhabitant' signed on the bottomline and committed to reside in Shea was a pro Football team. Neither design nor construction would have commenced without this commitment from pro Football, so baseball's 'dominance' is a non-factor. It is a football stadium with baseball capability tacked on, thus reducing it to the lowly status of "all-purpose facility."

Technically true, NYC has never had a Pro Football stadium solely for football. Columbia U has a football stadium in Manhattan, and Fordham in the Bronx. Both college stadia are within the bounds of NYC, but in fairness your previous posts did say "Pro Football" while here you omitted the "Pro" part.

NYC has never had a Pro Football stadium solely for football.

I think Giants Stadium is soley for football, right? Although, technically I realize that's Jersey.

NYC has never had a Pro Football stadium solely for football.

I think Giants Stadium is soley for football, right? Although, technically I realize that's Jersey.
In either case, the fearmongering has been ratcheted up again, while I 'highjacked' the thread. Let's get back on point

Cnn has a link to the commercial and it is supposed to be on sunday.
I guess you could call this superbawl sunday for the Republicans ;)

Back