The Women of Rock.

I saw Alanis get this off her chest at the Newport in 95. This chick rocks! I'd never even heard of her when I saw her show. Hell she was the warm up band and she brought down the house with this song.

I always laugh when someone calls someone "pussy whipped". It tells me they have had much of that kind of beating or they wouldn't knock it.

Good thread, Mott. The first two are, in my opinion, the Goddesses of Rock & Roll. (of course, janis was a world class blues singer)

I'd throw in Tina Turner, Aretha, Pat Benatar, Bonnie Raitt, Stevie Nicks, and Patti Smith too.

I saw Alanis get this off her chest at the Newport in 95. This chick rocks! I'd never even heard of her when I saw her show. Hell she was the warm up band and she brought down the house with this song.

I can't listen to this song any more. In '95 a very good friend of mine committed suicide. His widow stayed with some other friends of ours while she got her shit together. She used to play this loud enough to be heard 2 or 3 houses away.

Back