The Women of Rock.

I think you mean Jazz, and such raunchy dancefloor displays as the Charleston.

38Cfe.jpg

I always laugh when someone calls someone "pussy whipped". It tells me they have had much of that kind of beating or they wouldn't knock it.

Good thread, Mott. The first two are, in my opinion, the Goddesses of Rock & Roll. (of course, janis was a world class blues singer)

I'd throw in Tina Turner, Aretha, Pat Benatar, Bonnie Raitt, Stevie Nicks, and Patti Smith too.
I was never that big a fan of Pat Benatars music, I mean she's ahight, just doesn't do it for me. I agree about Tina, Patti and Stevie. I hadn't forgotten about Aretha. She deserves an entire thread of her own. She's the greatest American female vocalist and virtuoso of my lifetime and though she has done some rock n roll.....she's is and always will be The Queen of Soul!

LOL Well who the hell isn't? I like what she said when asked why she retired and wouldn't perform anymore? She said "There's nothing more pathetic than an old Rocker."

If you had watched the video you would have liked when what she said about nearly getting the chance to drop some acid into Nixon's tea.

If you had watched the video you would have liked when what she said about nearly getting the chance to drop some acid into Nixon's tea.
I did. Man that could have changed the world. Imagine a kinder, gentler, less paranoid Nixon? Well that or he would nuked the Russians.

Well since WB mentioned Aretha and since I have to humble Grind. Here's an amazing performance by Aretha Franklin when with like two hours notice she stood in for Lucianno Pavarotti during the 1998 Grammy's (the one of Soy Bomb fame) to sing the classic aria Nessun Dorma. What a master artist!

Well since WB mentioned Aretha and since I have to humble Grind. Here's an amazing performance by Aretha Franklin when with like two hours notice she stood in for Lucianno Pavarotti during the 1998 Grammy's (the one of Soy Bomb fame) to sing the classic aria Nessun Dorma. What a master artist!

Thanks for that, I haven't seen that before!!

Back