The world's greatest art...according to me

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Michelangelo
Pieta
0sNDtq6.jpg

I guess 'Art' is in the eye of the Beholder. Give me a 'wet T-shirt contest' with Hot Babes.

That's not art that's just some sleazy spring breakers in real-time. Go bug Billy and maybe he could find you some art versions.

That's not art that's just some sleazy spring breakers in real-time. Go bug Billy and maybe he could find you some art versions.

(shaking head) Crock. The Female Form is God's Work. God has created the Highest Form of Art, and Given it to Man. (Why do you Hate God, and have accepted Satan as your Savior?)

You know, thinking about this for a moment, it's no wonder your are sick all the time.

The first well regarded artist of the Italian Renaissance. I had no idea he was renowned for sculpture.

Many art historians point to this as the crowning achievement of Bellini's paintings.

Cellini?

How interesting -- and here *I* had no idea that he was also a painter! I think this is probably his most well-known sculpture.

DjY6e32.jpg

Vincent van Gogh
Starry night
bX4wpJU.jpg

Van Gogh...by far my favorite artist. I've seen several of his works at the Metropolitan Museum of Art...and I've seem The Starry Night at MOMA. When my sister visits from California, we spend lots of time in the art museums of NYC.

This guy's use of light and color are amazing.

OMVQDQB.jpg
I have a print of Toledo framed and hung! It is fairly groundbreaking; is quasi-impressionistic two centuries before French impressionism took flight. That particular painting has immense sentimental value to me for personal reasons

Wrapping up, I have an appreciation for El Greco, who is arguably the greatest painter of the Spanish baroque

Van Gogh...by far my favorite artist. I've seen several of his works at the Metropolitan Museum of Art...and I've seem The Starry Night at MOMA. When my sister visits from California, we spend lots of time in the art museums of NYC.

I like your taste, chap

Cellini?

How interesting -- and here *I* had no idea that he was also a painter! I think this is probably his most well-known sculpture.

DjY6e32.jpg

Incredible. Thank you Owl.
I misread the prior post and got Cellini and Belini (painter) mixed up.

On the flip side, there is a reason we use the term rennassaince man in modern colloquial English. Some of these renowned rennassaince artists were true polymaths. Michelangelo was a sculptor, painter, architect, poet, engineer of immense and wide ranging talent. Noteworthy, is that the city of Florence put Michelangelo in charge of designing the city's military fortifications and defenses when they learned the army of the Holy Roman emperor was on its way to sack them!

Last edited:
(shaking head) Crock. The Female Form is God's Work. God has created the Highest Form of Art, and Given it to Man. (Why do you Hate God, and have accepted Satan as your Savior?)

You know, thinking about this for a moment, it's no wonder your are sick all the time.

our bodies are NOT yours

I guess 'Art' is in the eye of the Beholder. Give me a 'wet T-shirt contest' with Hot Babes.
I appreciate bikini-clad bodies and I appreciate great works of art.
In the same way I appreciate caviar, and I appreciate hot dogs.
Two unconnected things that do not get associated together in my mind.

Back