Theory: Everything from the UK is OVERRATED.

also note i didn't say they were bad, just overrated. They are often considered the greatest band of ALL TIME ZOMG when in reality there were much more talented known acts as well as unknown ones. Overrated.

baseball-fail-mike.jpg

no watermark, you've failed pretty miserably. Now go take care of your vagina and cry a bit while writing a pleasant acoustic song.

no watermark, you've failed pretty miserably. Now go take care of your vagina and cry a bit while writing a pleasant acoustic song.

joseph-angels.jpg

Actually, what I've really been doing lately is taking the kind of music you'd usually play on an acoustic guitar and playing it on an electric guitar with the distortion all the way up.

If anyone mentions The Jesus and Mary Chain here I'm going to slit their throats.

There's a difference between not appreciating the nuances of humor, and not getting them. Grind, you don't get them. The nuances. British humor is fucking great, but it is great for reasons you don't yet understand. Someday my idiot son, some day.....

Anyhow, when we gonna gamble fool?

I do like Monty Python but if you ever sit down and watch the whole run of TV episodes (as opposed to the much superior films) there's an awful lot of filler in there that people do tend to forget about. And do you still show Benny Hill? It's not been repeated on proper TV over here since the very early 80s and i'm as baffled as the next man about why America liked it so much.

Now Grind, you certainly do have a point with Coldplay. Wankers the lot of them and their music is a prime demonstration of god awful shite.

And while we're naming overrated British bands you left out the biggest culprits on the block, namely those whiny pricks Radiohead. You'd have to be a real sad case to buy into their cockrotting dirges.

I do like Monty Python but if you ever sit down and watch the whole run of TV episodes (as opposed to the much superior films) there's an awful lot of filler in there that people do tend to forget about. And do you still show Benny Hill? It's not been repeated on proper TV over here since the very early 80s and i'm as baffled as the next man about why America liked it so much.
Now Grind, you certainly do have a point with Coldplay. Wankers the lot of them and their music is a prime demonstration of god awful shite.

And while we're naming overrated British bands you left out the biggest culprits on the block, namely those whiny pricks Radiohead. You'd have to be a real sad case to buy into their cockrotting dirges.

The answer is simple - tits.

That's a bit harsh on your fellow countrymen, Sol.

Nah, its the simple truth.

I remember when Benny Hill was big here. And there was not nearly as many shows that showed as much.

The Puritan's influence has lasted a long time.

Nah, its the simple truth.

I remember when Benny Hill was big here. And there was not nearly as many shows that showed as much.

The Puritan's influence has lasted a long time.
He was big here because people got to see an occasional boob on TV. Mostly it was teen geek males ravenously turning on the early FOX network in the hopes of catching "Summer Lovers" or Benny Hill.

Back