There was an Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman

Mean as in thrifty. Scots are famous for that! I'm sure it has something to do with a land that is not particularly hospitable for agriculture, is damp and rocky and cold, and has a dearth of natural resources besides its people. Oh, and its dogs. :) So the few assets an individual may have are prized and are not parted with readily.

It has to do with the fact that when Scots are born their arms are much shorter than those of most Englishmen. Can't reach pockets, y'see.
And that is absolutely true.

Mean as in thrifty. Scots are famous for that! I'm sure it has something to do with a land that is not particularly hospitable for agriculture, is damp and rocky and cold, and has a dearth of natural resources besides its people. Oh, and its dogs. :) So the few assets an individual may have are prized and are not parted with readily.

So Scotsmen are like Jewish women?

Also, my highschool alma mater was the Scots, although we are interchangeably called the Highlanders, which is the official mascot... The marching band wears kilts and there are pipers as well.

So Scotsmen are like Jewish women?

Also, my highschool alma mater was the Scots, although we are interchangeably called the Highlanders, which is the official mascot... The marching band wears kilts and there are pipers as well.

Yup. They don't wear underwear.
Highlanders heh? Tcheuchters more like.

Sounds like michigan!!

Little Johnny was in his 4th grade class when the teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living. All the typical answers came up - fireman, policeman, salesman, etc... Johnny was being uncharacteristically quiet and so the teacher asked him about his father.

"My father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes, if the offer's really good, he'll go out to the alley with some guy and make love with him for money."

The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other children to work on some coloring, and took Little Johnny aside to ask him, "Is that really true about your father?"

"No," said Johnny, "He is an assistant coach for the Michigan Wolverines, but I was too embarrassed to say so."

I wonder what you would think of a school full of Scots all dressed as Chief Sitting Bull. Would you find it odd? humourous?

Confusing, to be sure. At out Homecoming assemblies, the school that we would be playing that year would be portrayed as the villains in each of the skits. A bunch of them would always make fun of Otis, our mascot, for wearing a skirt - he would fire back "its no a skurt, its a kilt!!" - and the crowd would go wild.

Back