Things I never heard of, until George was Prez

Cypress said:
No bob, I've never heard of american troops sexually abusing prisoners.

well you went that discripive befor hand, and i am sure that it has happened in the past wars, i do recall reading somthings about that in nam, but have nothing to show for it.

A filibuster is just one way of preventing an "up or down" vote.

Republicans used other ways - which were effectively, the same - in preventing up or down votes on Clinton nominees.

maineman said:
Sexual humiliation of detainees I know of no instances of democratic administrations condoning this

I also know of no instances of republican administrations condoning this and, in fact, those who have done it have been or are being brought to trial and punished....

bob said:
well you went that discripive befor hand, and i am sure that it has happened in the past wars, i do recall reading somthings about that in nam, but have nothing to show for it.

plus, its much easier to report such thing today then it has been in the past

Cypress said:
A filibuster is just one way of preventing an "up or down" vote.

Republicans used other ways - which were effectively, the same - in preventing up or down votes on Clinton nominees.

They also used filibusters... They filibustered an Embassador, actually only a small group of them did, because he was openly homosexual. Clinton later gave him a Recess appointment. He used them many times for many things...

maineman said:
do you know of any "uncondoned occurrences" during any democratic administrations?

There were reported instances of this during the VN war... Bad guys do bad things even during Democratic Administrations.

Back